• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Urara Takatsuji Leaves 22/7 Idol Group

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meowtain Duwu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:27 am Reply with quote
How many members have left 22/7 this year? If I’m recalling this correctly, quite a few of them have left in even the last few months. It makes even more sense now why another audition is being held for new members. Part of me is afraid that all of these members departing so quickly won’t bode well for the future of the group, but hopefully this is just a temporary thing that won’t happen as often in the future.
yro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:42 am Reply with quote
At this point I just hope Sally gets out of there before the whole thing implodes and destroys their careers while doing so...
Meowtain Duwu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:49 am Reply with quote
yro wrote:
At this point I just hope Sally gets out of there before the whole thing implodes and destroys their careers while doing so...

Same here. She’s easily the most talented member out of the entire group. She has a very bright future ahead of her and I look forward to her future endeavors. As for the rest of the group, I just really hope that they all will do well in their own careers, regardless of whether or not 22/7 ends up dissolving.
Zynurosa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:16 am Reply with quote
If so many members have been leaving recently, maybe that says something about the groups producers and how the members of the group are treated.
Sparvid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:29 am Reply with quote
Meowtain Duwu wrote:
How many members have left 22/7 this year? If I’m recalling this correctly, quite a few of them have left in even the last few months. It makes even more sense now why another audition is being held for new members. Part of me is afraid that all of these members departing so quickly won’t bode well for the future of the group, but hopefully this is just a temporary thing that won’t happen as often in the future.

The leader left in February and her character has apparently still not been recast. Then there's the three scheduled to leave within the next month or so, and now one more leaving/being fired. And the mobile game is scheduled to shut down on December 22nd.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:33 am Reply with quote
Meowtain Duwu wrote:
yro wrote:

Same here. She’s easily the most talented member out of the entire group. She has a very bright future ahead of her and I look forward to her future endeavors. As for the rest of the group, I just really hope that they all will do well in their own careers, regardless of whether or not 22/7 ends up dissolving.

Based on the slow growth of her YouTube channel and being multilingual (Being fluent in Japanese, English, and knowing a good bit of Spanish), she could easily join another group or just be a streamer.
Meowtain Duwu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:52 am Reply with quote
Sparvid wrote:
Meowtain Duwu wrote:

The leader left in February and her character has apparently still not been recast. Then there's the three scheduled to leave within the next month or so, and now one more leaving/being fired. And the mobile game is scheduled to shut down on December 22nd.

Yeah…this doesn’t really look good for the future of the group… Sad
Nate148

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:02 am Reply with quote
4 with a 2nd gen comeing?
tomdean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:38 pm Reply with quote
personally i stopped following when their music went downhill. Loved most of the singles until Rikaisha(which is their best song in my opinion) but after that, songs were bland and unenthused.

The anime was supposed to propel them to next stage, but whilst the art and everything was great, the story and script, the soul of any anime, were....not.

thanks for the good memories
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Meowtain Duwu wrote:
yro wrote:

Based on the slow growth of her YouTube channel and being multilingual (Being fluent in Japanese, English, and knowing a good bit of Spanish), she could easily join another group or just be a streamer.

As far as number of roles outside of 22/7 franchise goes, Sally have more roles than the all other members combined. I think her career should be fine even if (when?) she leaves the unit. I think a lot of agencies would be more than glad to have her join.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:12 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Meowtain Duwu wrote:
yro wrote:

As far as number of roles outside of 22/7 franchise goes, Sally have more roles than the all other members combined. I think her career should be fine even if (when?) she leaves the unit. I think a lot of agencies would be more than glad to have her join.

She should be fine as long as she leaves in a timely manner. Wouldn't really say she she has anything net positive or negative as a role as a whole. Not to be really rude but she has nothing really to give her the edge when she does leave overall.
Banken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:01 am Reply with quote
Graduating is to quitting as leaving the group is to getting shit-canned.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I was never a fan of Yasushi Akimoto and his agency policies regarding their groups. They reflect the idol industry in its worse.

But 22/7 was probably their most annoying project, considering how they tried to present it as something innovative while simply copying the existing concept. I will be happy if it fails, but I feel bad for the girls who got dragged into it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1