• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass' Goro Taniguchi Directs One Piece Film Red Opening on August 6, 2022

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Knowing Taniguchi, Luffy will dance before making an attack.
jroa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:27 pm Reply with quote
It's interesting that Taniguchi had already worked on One Piece almost a lifetime ago, so it's cool to see him get a chance to work on the property again in a different context and with a lot more experience. Given that Shanks will apparently have an important role in the film, I think it will be neat.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:46 pm Reply with quote
These films can be hit and miss but I'm down to watch it.
glafrun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:15 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[ Red hair Shanks... is actually luffy's mother. It makes sense now. he looked like a little girl as a kid... and that's why he is willing to lose his arm for his son. he was 20. dragon was mid 30's. makes sense. ]
Matros

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:23 pm Reply with quote
glafrun wrote:
spoiler[ Red hair Shanks... is actually luffy's mother. It makes sense now. he looked like a little girl as a kid... and that's why he is willing to lose his arm for his son. he was 20. dragon was mid 30's. makes sense. ]

Okay, whatever you're smoking... let me take it away from you.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:22 am Reply with quote
Looks like this involves Shanks and a singer? Well, I really enjoyed the opening to Gold, so hopefully we'll get more musical sequences like that in this one Smile
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:36 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this is like Film Z.

I feel like thats the best of the modern One Piece movies.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Code Geass' Goro Taniguchi Directs One Piece Film Red

The GOAT returning to OP with Oda involved makes this a must watch.
Honeyman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:09 am Reply with quote
The animation director responsible for some of the medium's greatest series and a story that will focus on Shanks? It could be just for the film's promotion but I'm hoping we get something of similar quality to Mamoru Hosoda and Baron Matsuri (even if it doesn't reach that level it'd be nice if it gets closer to it). Taniguchi knows how to direct a good series though so I'm hopeful it'll transfer to Japan's most popular shounen series.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:54 am Reply with quote
Modern Taniguchi doing a One Piece film should be pretty interesting, and I'm curious what Shanks' role will be.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:10 pm Reply with quote
glafrun wrote:

This is one of the most insane things I have ever read. And I love how you think it is a "spoiler." But whatever floats your boat man....
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:08 am Reply with quote
When I first heard the news I thought people were talking about the actual first one piece "movie" but now that I see it's the original Jump festa OVA... wow. I can't say I expect this to change the aesthetics of the movie or anything since One Piece's anime production has a good look going for it right now, but it'll be cool to see what he brings to the table as director. Though I must admit I'm not familiar with too may of his other works and it feels dumb to use a work he did two decades ago as a point of reference.
chex mix

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:35 pm Reply with quote
glafrun wrote:

Heresy, a crocomom denier.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1