• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Award-Winning Composer Kevin Penkin On Creating The Soundtrack For Grow:Song of the Evertree

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Omg, I didn't even notice it was him who composed the soundtrack for this game!

And I was raving about the soundtrack of Grow for the whole weekend! Now, this gives me the opportunity to better pay attention and appreciate on the tracks alone.
wolf10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:55 am Reply with quote
Picked this up on sale because, as it so happens, it came out last week.

Gameplay-wise, it fixes a lot of the problems I remember having with Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles, and presumably a lot of the problems I forgot having with Yonder, because it was a bit forgettable.

Graphics are a mixed bag. I still don't understand the artistic decision to combine vibrant, Ultra HD 4k environments with badly-rigged, jankily-animated PS2-era character models. It's nostalgic, but maybe not in a good way.

And yet, "I'll just try out character creation for a bit" turned into "10 hours later" and the soundtrack definitely played a large part in that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1