• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Argonavis from BanG Dream! Anime Compilation Film Casts Kishō Taniyama

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Restarting thread after removing troll post and response.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:46 pm Reply with quote
As a big fan of K-On, Love Live, and other idol shows I keep meaning to give BanG more of a view. Really sit down and jump into the franchise. Maybe this compilation film is a good way to dive in. That or spoil a bunch of it for me with what is basically a recap movie.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Redbeard 101 wrote:
As a big fan of K-On, Love Live, and other idol shows I keep meaning to give BanG more of a view. Really sit down and jump into the franchise. Maybe this compilation film is a good way to dive in. That or spoil a bunch of it for me with what is basically a recap movie.

If you're a fan of female idol groups this is definitely the wrong way to go about it, because Argonavis from BanG Dream is basically BanG Dream: Side M. Laughing

It will also probably be pretty hard to see this movie, since the original Argonavis anime never got picked up anywhere for streaming in the US.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:42 pm Reply with quote
So basically start from the beginning and be prepared to watch/invest in the entire franchise. So much for an easier jumping in point. Who needs free time anyways?
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to point out that unlike SideM, Bushiroad has said that Argonavis takes place in a completely separate universe from main Bandori. I think it was because people were upset that the male and female characters could possibly interact? Either way it makes the "from BanG Dream" label really thin.

I never understood why the show never got picked up for streaming, considering essentially every show gets licensed in one way or another these days.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Yeah it's really weird. They don't exist in the same universe because fans would feel too threatened by having their precious anime waifus coexist in a world with boys their own age that they have something in common with. But the real Argonavis has opened for Poppin' Party (and maybe others, but I'm not sure). I would really hate to be those guys opening for a crowd where a not insignificant number of the fans don't want them to exist. Regardless, I'm sure a big part of them using the BanG Dream name is because it's a recognizable name in anime now.

I'm also baffled by the lack of streaming options - especially since I recently found out that the show is on Youtube, with official English subs... but only for Asian English-speaking audiences, not North America. I could understand Sentai not wanting to pick it up if BanG Dream's streaming numbers weren't great combined with fujoshi shows not getting great numbers in general... but it's so weird that it's already on Youtube and they just won't make it available for NA.

Bushiroad keeps sending me emails advertising Argonavis merch... like, you won't stream the show here, you won't release the app here, who's going to buy this stuff? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1