• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth Anime's Promo Video Reveals July 2022 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:15 am Reply with quote
Yes finally we got a release date.

This was annouced like 3 to 4 years ago? i was starting to think it will never show up.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:18 am Reply with quote
I kind of expected them to give up, with Fujiwara's death, Taneda's voice going, and no game left to promote.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:44 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
I kind of expected them to give up, with Fujiwara's death, Taneda's voice going, and no game left to promote.

Risa Taneda has returned to acting, aand is active enough and they alrteady recasted Fujivara's character. Plus a remake of the first game came out recentkly and there is one more game planned.

I'm a bit concerned that they left S2 staff though. White Fox is not in the best shape currently and S2 had to much action cut in favor f SoL and comedy, which was cioncerning.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:55 am Reply with quote
Have you listened to Taneda's work since then? Hearing her try to choke out her lines even causes me pain. She returned to acting, but I don't think she recovered.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:21 am Reply with quote
I'm probably more excited about the midquel game they announced (focusing on younger Oshtor, Mikazuchi, Munechika, Raiko, and others) rather than this. But I mean, if by some miracle they actually manage to treat the story the respect it deserves this could be pretty great.

Considering the absolute heap of dung they put out for Mask of Deception's anime though, that'd indeed be miraculous.

Will definitely miss the great Keiji Fujiwara as the voice of Haku, but honestly having the seiyuu for Oshtor voicing Haku who is (for quite awhile) impersonating Oshtor is a pretty good choice rather than going with somebody else.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:41 am Reply with quote
I am not as critical on False Faces.. it was an adaptation that at the time of production staff did not know where the story was going. However with that said, there are parts that will need to be corrected, with at least 2 as major plot points leading into MOT.

Still.. play the games.. so much better then the anime adaptations.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:43 pm Reply with quote
I haven't gotten around to playing Mask of Deception, but from people I know who have this is gonna be really hard to pull off. Not just because Mask of Truth is ridiculously long, but also because the Deception anime cut and randomly changed a lot of things.
TsukimoriKyouki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
they just announced a new game in the series, so the anime could still help people buy Mask of Truth to prepare for the new game as well
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:08 pm Reply with quote
TsukimoriKyouki wrote:
Yttrbio wrote:
they just announced a new game in the series, so the anime could still help people buy Mask of Truth to prepare for the new game as well
The problem is that there is now very limited options to buy Mask of Truth now, considering it was delisted from Playstation Store along with the Mask of Deception, not helps a lot.
catone2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:18 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
TsukimoriKyouki wrote:
Yttrbio wrote:
The problem is that there is now very limited options to buy Mask of Truth now, considering it was delisted from Playstation Store along with the Mask of Deception, not helps a lot.

All 3 games are on Steam and on sale right now actually. The games can be run on a potato PC even.
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12644/Utawarerumono_Series_Bundle/
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:43 pm Reply with quote
catone2 wrote:
All 3 games are on Steam and on sale right now actually. The games can be run on a potato PC even.
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12644/Utawarerumono_Series_Bundle/
And that is what I implied by "very limited options" - cause outside of PC, you need to buy MoD and MoT in the physical discs only because Atlus dropped the license.

Not like I own them all since the release, it's just for the people who want to delve into the series in the current time.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Have you listened to Taneda's work since then? Hearing her try to choke out her lines even causes me pain. She returned to acting, but I don't think she recovered.

I watched Zombiland Saga and a bunch of her other works since when and I do not hear her having serious trouble with voice-acting. I am not sure where you are coming from?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1