• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Shaman King Anime's Five Warriors Arc Casts Kotono Mitsuishi, Eri Kitamura

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:40 am Reply with quote
Man, my memories sure are bad since I don't remember Sati in the original series.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:47 am Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Man, my memories sure are bad since I don't remember Sati in the original series.

Ah, Sati was in a PS2 game tie-in to the previous anime.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Those are characters that only appeared in the manga but not the first anime, right? It'll be interesting to hear them now. Speaking of which, it seems that some episodes of the reboot have been leaked from Netflix Japan with their respective dubs, and in the Neutral Spanish version Lyserg, Chocolove and Meene kept their voices from the 2001 anime dub. It's amazing that so many actors from the Mexican dub of the original anime came back, and unlike the Japanese version Yoh has his original voice.
tintor2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
Those are characters that only appeared in the manga but not the first anime, right? It'll be interesting to hear them now. Speaking of which, it seems that some episodes of the reboot have been leaked from Netflix Japan with their respective dubs, and in the Neutral Spanish version Lyserg, Chocolove and Meene kept their voices from the 2001 anime dub. It's amazing that so many actors from the Mexican dub of the original anime came back, and unlike the Japanese version Yoh has his original voice.

Yeah, some Spanish actors are famous here. For example, I think Yoh's has done James from Pokemon while Manta's has done the children personas of Goku, Goten and Gohan.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:05 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Yeah, some Spanish actors are famous here. For example, I think Yoh's has done James from Pokemon while Manta's has done the children personas of Goku, Goten and Gohan.

You're correct about Manta's voice actress, but Yoh is voiced by Gabriel Gama, who is well known for voicing Brock in Pokémon, Miroku in Inuyasha and Iida in the first two MHA movies. Chocolove's voice actor, José Antonio Macías, voices James in Pokémon, as well as being the recurring dub actor for Leonardo Di Caprio and Ryan Reynolds. Something nice about the new Shaman King dub is that Anna's voice actress, Ana Lucía Ramos, reprised her role, even though she retired from voice acting years ago, and after voicing Anna again she's been working in other anime dubs like in Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song where she voices the main character.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited to see Kotono Mitsuishi in Shaman King and that she's going to be in the same show as Megumi Hayashibara shortly after Eva ended.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1