• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of Fall 2021, Dec 17-23

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Oh, gosh. Look at what ended up at #1. How... surprising. Yes, that's the word. Surprising. Yes, I'm feeling really surprised right now. Or maybe I'm not.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
#1. Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Well deserved. Let's see if it reflects on the Mega Poll.
MarineCorps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:07 am Reply with quote
Why was Muv-luv so low? Mecha did not do well in the rankings this season.
Glordit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:03 am Reply with quote
MarineCorps wrote:
Why was Muv-luv so low? Mecha did not do well in the rankings this season.

I'm just guessing here but it's probably because it's the 3rd game in the series. A lot of viewers haven't played the game or are not familiar with the games/series other than watching the previous anime adaptations.

Alternative has a more serious tone overall. Total Eclipse and Schwarzesmarken where much more action focused which viewers seemed to enjoy. Alternative is more character driven thus being more of a drama than a action show.

As for Mecha overall, we got Sakugan, Eighty-Six, Rumble Garanndoll, Megaton Musashi, Kyoukai Senki and Gundam Breaker Battlogue.

With the exception of 86 and Muv-Luv. I found the others a chore to watch and where extremely boring. I think I share that sentiment with a lot of others too.
DarkJak2050

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:
With the exception of 86 and Muv-Luv. I found the others a chore to watch and where extremely boring. I think I share that sentiment with a lot of others too.

Yet, 86 has dropped down to 14 in the polls. And this mass decent all started since Ep. 17. Around that time 86 was having production issues and some of it showed in Ep. 17.

Which then resulted in the delays of Ep. 18, 19 & 20; being released once-every-other-week. It seems those delays had ruined the viewing experience of 86 at that point for some people and 86 undeservedly paid for it in the polls.

And who's at fault for all of this? Aniplex. They're the ones responsible for the overall production of 86. I'll try to keep this short...

Aniplex should've gave A-1 6 months in-between halves instead of 3. That would've gave them adequate time to get things properly done & give some leeway in case of production issues ahead of time.

What also didn't help is A-1 was working on SAO at the same time as 86. Taking on 2 massive projects at the same time, guess which series A-1's going to prioritize first...

SAO. Putting most, if not, all of their efforts & manpower on SAO because it's one of their "well established" titles.

By the time A-1 finished SAO, there wasn't enough time for 86 because Aniplex only gave them 3 months in-between halves instead of 6 & on already tight deadlines. 3 months just wasn't enough and since the middle of November, we've been seeing the repercussions of that decision.

Oh, sure Ep. 22 & 23 are delayed to March due to schedule issues with Winter 2022. But again, where did that all stem from?

Aniplex not giving A-1 adequate time in-between halves.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1