• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle Gets New Version This Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:31 am Reply with quote
Oh, great. That is sure good to see one of the best JJBA games on modern platforms, though I will miss some of the original ASB VA performances.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:19 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Oh, great. That is sure good to see one of the best JJBA games on modern platforms, though I will miss some of the original ASB VA performances.

Considering how Unsho Ishizuka has since sadly passed away, I wonder if they'll just re-use Tomokazu Sugita's old man impression for Part 3 Joseph. Ishizuka's Joseph was outstanding, but Sugita acting like an old man in ASB was very amusing.

I've also seen some think that Baoh might be removed, which would be weird & super unfortunate. The copyrights list, aside from the various anime productions, both "Luckyland Communications/Shueisha" & "Hirohiko Araki/Shueisha", with the former being the one for all JoJo manga, while I believe the latter would be for Baoh, since I don't think Araki founded Luckyland until after Baoh got cancelled.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:10 am Reply with quote
AKA All-Star Battle with more anime-accurate voices.

I wonder if they might actually dub this one for the West.
Lord Geo wrote:
Considering how Unsho Ishizuka has since sadly passed away, I wonder if they'll just re-use Tomokazu Sugita's old man impression for Part 3 Joseph. Ishizuka's Joseph was outstanding, but Sugita acting like an old man in ASB was very amusing

It sounds like they'll be reusing audio for Ishizuka as Old Joseph unless they got a great soundalike.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:28 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
AKA All-Star Battle with more anime-accurate voices.

I wonder if they might actually dub this one for the West.

It would be cool if they did. It's still hit or miss, but anime-based games that aren't Naruto or DBZ have been getting dubs recently, so I wouldn't completely rule it out.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:01 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
It sounds like they'll be reusing audio for Ishizuka as Old Joseph unless they got a great soundalike.

That'd be tricky to do, since there are some character specific win quotes for everyone (like Hermes telling Part 3 & Part 4 Jotaro to treat Jolyne better), & I believe those were voiced over in ASB, so it'd honestly just be easier to re-use Sugita's lines.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
Considering how Unsho Ishizuka has since sadly passed away, I wonder if they'll just re-use Tomokazu Sugita's old man impression for Part 3 Joseph. Ishizuka's Joseph was outstanding, but Sugita acting like an old man in ASB was very amusing.
I think Sugita as Old Joseph most likely remain - and same will be done with Eisidisi, where they can use archived lines of FujiKei.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:08 pm Reply with quote
It'll be interesting to see what they do on the English side because while I doubt there would be a dub, I hope they do a new translation since there were a couple of goofs in the original release on lines related to Young Joseph (see his win quote parodying The Room, and also "Come at me, bro!" from Ermes) and also "Jean Pierre Eiffel" which didn't carry over to Eyes of Heaven so they could simply keep his first name intact like on that game if they still can't use Polnareff.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
I've also seen some think that Baoh might be removed, which would be weird & super unfortunate. The copyrights list, aside from the various anime productions, both "Luckyland Communications/Shueisha" & "Hirohiko Araki/Shueisha", with the former being the one for all JoJo manga, while I believe the latter would be for Baoh, since I don't think Araki founded Luckyland until after Baoh got cancelled.

More information is coming out, and it looks like Baoh/Ikuro Hashizawa has indeed been removed, at least for launch, which honestly makes me less inclined to buy ASB R when it comes out.

This sounds a bit silly, sure, but Baoh was seriously one of favorite characters in the game (from a gameplay perspective), so my only guess is that there's some stupid licensing restriction that's preventing him from being included at launch, since this is a JoJo game. Hopefully Baoh will be brought back in via DLC, and if so then I'll buy ASB R, though if that winds up happening then they might as well just make someone from all of Araki's other non-JoJo manga available via DLC, and turn this into a celebration of Araki, in general.

I'll gladly buy characters like Gorgeous Irene, Outlaw Man, B.T., Don Peckinpah (Buso Poker), & Prisoner 27 (Under Execution, Under Jailbreak) if they were included via DLC.
Zeino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Meanwhile I'm wondering if they can make JoJolion's ultimate, actual main villain work for a fighting game without making his Stand, Wonder of U too broken.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1