• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia: Vigilantes Spinoff Manga Ends in Next Chapter on May 28

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I hope we get an anime adaptation out of this manga. It would complement the main series pretty well and it has a much more attractive premise as well.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Honestly speaking, this is one of those spin-offs that suceed in going beyond expectations. I'm impressed it went this long.
Heart of the Foreign God

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:09 am Reply with quote
For a long time I've been more invested on the spinoff series than the main one
pikrodafni

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 2:47 am Reply with quote
It was about time ,that last fight took forever to finish with loads of fake outs, overall really good spin off but it should have already ended
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:36 am Reply with quote
I was not expecting to enjoy Vigilante's as much as I did but it turned out to be a surprisingly fun and compelling spinoff to the main MHA.

I hope they adapt it into anime form at some point.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 4:36 pm Reply with quote
This series was entertaining, but, it took way too many chapters in Pop's career, sometimes i felt I was reading an Idolmaster's manga.

The fact that the main character kept getting power-up after power-up Naruto style didn't help it either.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:14 am Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
This series was entertaining, but, it took way too many chapters in Pop's career, sometimes i felt I was reading an Idolmaster's manga.

The fact that the main character kept getting power-up after power-up Naruto style didn't help it either.

They weren't really power ups though. spoiler[The whole idea was that his quirk was actually crazy powerful but he never used it to its full potential because he always tried to stay safe at the request of his mother. As he got forced into more dangerous situations he had to start taking greater risks with his quirk and Start showing what it was truly capable of.]
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:59 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
Minos_Kurumada wrote:

They weren't really power ups though. spoiler[The whole idea was that his quirk was actually crazy powerful but he never used it to its full potential because he always tried to stay safe at the request of his mother. As he got forced into more dangerous situations he had to start taking greater risks with his quirk and Start showing what it was truly capable of.]

I know all of that, an explanation needing way more suspension of disbelief I was willing to give the series.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Surprised to hear it ending. I've heard good things, but never got around to it. Guess I can read it in full now when I do pick it up though
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1