• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made' Sequel Anime's Teaser Reveals

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Man, I feel bad for James Beckett but I hope he comes back to review this lol.
shabu shabu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I personally found this show to be very entertaining. It seems to not have been as well receieved in the west?
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, looks like most of the staff bas been replaced or shuffled and the PV shows a more serious tone for S2. This could actually work out brilliantly because as much as I disliked S1 along with others, just continuing the idiocy would have doomed this. Now, it has a "fighting chance" (pun intended) at being a sort of OK generic isekai. Who knows, they may actually generate some interest and popularity even as long as they don't let it get too much into the harem antics...

James, your future may be calling... Wink
Rob49152

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:28 am Reply with quote
this looks like a completely different anime. Like RTX OFF vs RTX ON.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:56 am Reply with quote
The PV looks more interesting than the whole first season.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:25 am Reply with quote
shabu shabu wrote:
I personally found this show to be very entertaining. It seems to not have been as well receieved in the west?

I'd say the issue was that people were confused by the tone. It's a ridiculous comedy (this is fine in concept) with occasional moments of attempting to have pathos and genuine attempts to be serious, which to be frank, didn't really work given how ridiculous the rest of the proceedings were.

Mr. Beckett's hilarious reviews of the show pretty much show a grappling with this realization in real-time before they go off the rails.
crh1985

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:02 am Reply with quote
I hope it get to the revival of the of the 1st hero and 1st demon lord and hear the reson for the war that has lasted for over 1000 years

spoiler[ The demon lord has G cups and wants the women of the world to be bigger the her. The hero has D cups and wonts the world to be smaller then her. ]

And get started into his massive list for Fiances

spoiler[ Saria, Altria Kannazuki and seito (both still his slaves,) all of the Valkyries (there word here, “it would be easier for all of us to marry one man then for all of us to find one man.”,) the demon lord, the demon lord’s mother, the 1st demon lord, the king’s daughter, the kings wife, the 1st hero, Barnabas’ grand daughter (18), Barnabas’ daughter (16), the level-up voice, there maybe more that i’m forgetting about ]
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:17 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to this, the first one was a lot of fun.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:38 am Reply with quote
Are they taking this joke anime seriously?

Also, Miyuki Sawashiro is in this!? Seriously!?
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:26 pm Reply with quote
crh1985 wrote:
I hope it get to the revival of the of the 1st hero and 1st demon lord and hear the reson for the war that has lasted for over 1000 years

spoiler[ The demon lord has G cups and wants the women of the world to be bigger the her. The hero has D cups and wonts the world to be smaller then her. ]

And get started into his massive list for Fiances

spoiler[ Saria, Altria Kannazuki and seito (both still his slaves,) all of the Valkyries (there word here, “it would be easier for all of us to marry one man then for all of us to find one man.”,) the demon lord, the demon lord’s mother, the 1st demon lord, the king’s daughter, the kings wife, the 1st hero, Barnabas’ grand daughter (18), Barnabas’ daughter (16), the level-up voice, there maybe more that i’m forgetting about ]

Damn, that sounds crazy. Just the dumb fun I love this show for.
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I hope the second season is just as ridiculous as the first Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1