• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: GONZO Holds Story Writing Contest for 'SAMURAI cryptos' NFT/Blockchain Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tinyirnfist0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:25 pm Reply with quote
They're all full of sellouts. How can they all do this? Don't they know NFTs destroy the environment? Animation studios need to be more educated about it.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:54 pm Reply with quote
They don't even have a plot written yet? By the time it comes out even less people are going to care about NFTs than now
Nate148

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Is Gonzo even an anime company anymore
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:51 pm Reply with quote
tinyirnfist0 wrote:
Don't they know NFTs destroy the environment?
Well, considering we already got the green cryptos while ETH just recently went to PoS service (and that's like about ~90% of crypto market) to drastically reduce the environmental damage, the ecological aspect of crypto isn't really a big thing anymore.

Doesn't make it less of just an actual scam though, considering the legal aspect of NFT certificate still makes them nothing less than glorified digital toilet paper.
Quote:
By the time it comes out even less people are going to care about NFTs than now
It's harder to fall down even further beyond when the market is already gone nose dive, and nobody outside of the crypto bubble that is already into that even falling to these schemes anymore.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:32 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
tinyirnfist0 wrote:
Don't they know NFTs destroy the environment?
Well, considering we already got the green cryptos while ETH just recently went to PoS service (and that's like about ~90% of crypto market) to drastically reduce the environmental damage, the ecological aspect of crypto isn't really a big thing anymore.

ETH only went over 20% of the overall crypto market only this summer, so unless those green cryptos are worth hellalot/there's a big truckload of them, no, I don't think it's about ~90% or anywhere near... (for comparison, despite dipping over the last year, bitcoin's market share is as of this month still ~39%)
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:37 am Reply with quote
Sounded good until I saw NFTs, NFTs are poison to entertainment. The blockchain could also be put to better use like having an uncensored loli manga site (The official variety) that's unreachable by censors, mad governments, and the UN.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:26 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
ETH only went over 20% of the overall crypto market only this summer, so unless those green cryptos are worth hellalot/there's a big truckload of them, no, I don't think it's about ~90% or anywhere near... (for comparison, despite dipping over the last year, bitcoin's market share is as of this month still ~39%)
It's that much actually if you count not only ETH, but a whole coin market, where most of altcoins are actually ETH forks spawning from it, or solely rely on ETH position.
Quote:
that's unreachable by censors, mad governments, and the UN.
Except since most of the cryptocurrency operations rely on a very small number of validators since BTC and ETH went POS all these operations are really easy to track, control and govern. It's not Silk Road days anymore, crypto operations guarantee literally nothing in terms of privacy.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:32 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
It's that much actually if you count not only ETH, but a whole coin market, where most of altcoins are actually ETH forks spawning from it, or solely rely on ETH position.

I don't quite understand? The market value as I already stated is nowhere near the ~90% mentioned. So I can only deduct you meant coin count? Except that would be one wholly meaningless point to bring up. For example, you can have a thousand non-gold pennies and one Canadian Maple Leaf, and sure, the coins made of non-gold do dwarf the one of gold, it doesn't change the fact it's a pointless thing to compare...

Quote:
Except since most of the cryptocurrency operations rely on a very small number of validators since BTC and ETH went POS all these operations are really easy to track, control and govern. It's not Silk Road days anymore, crypto operations guarantee literally nothing in terms of privacy.

Last I checked(few seconds ago), bitcoin(BTC) was still proof-of-work(PoW) and not PoS...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1