• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HoneyWorks Premium Live Game Ends Service on March 31

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Didn't expect this to get an article, but honestly it was only a matter of time.

First of all the subject was niche and I'm surprised the game lasted this long considering larger series have had gacha games that lasted for less time. The game had also been mismanaged a lot after it switched companies. They kept introducing higher tiered cards that took over banners. Over time it was obvious that certain characters *cough lipxlip cough* were more favored and got way more events and cards than others to a ridiculous degree. The five Dolce characters never even got an event and stopped getting cards entirely after a while. They kept removing types of events in favor of just running the same kinds over and over. The stories started becoming boring and repetitive with some of them just being previous event stories from a different perspective. The cards started becoming bland too, definitely not worth how much a 5* took.

Despite all this I appreciate the game having existed, it was a source of story for a lot of Honeyworks characters who hadn't gotten songs in a while on a regular basis. We got two (well, supposed to be 3 but the game is shutting down) entire new music videos for songs that didn't have them before. The original card art was always really pretty too.

It's sad that the game didn't even last long enough for them to capitalize off the massive popularity of Kawaikute Gomen, or tie into the new album coming out soon. At least it'll have always given us Ultimate Puu.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1