• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fruits Basket (see 2nd post for thread info)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:20 am Reply with quote
Okay, I've gotten my copy of Vol. 19. I haven't read it yet but I've got it!
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:24 am Reply with quote
Well, we'll see what Murph wants to do, since he is in charge of the discussions for now. We could go either way about it, he might have another pair planned. If not, then I don't see why we shouldn't be able to go into discussions for volume 19. I know there are a few people here who have read all the way to the end.
aya_honda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:05 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Well, we'll see what Murph wants to do, since he is in charge of the discussions for now. We could go either way about it, he might have another pair planned. If not, then I don't see why we shouldn't be able to go into discussions for volume 19. I know there are a few people here who have read all the way to the end.

Well, I'm ready for anything we guys might decide. Very Happy

By the way, I presume that till Murph starts a new discussion, we can still talk about Kisa and Tohru cause another idea just hit me thereore I feel the need to express it. Very Happy Did you observe that both Kisa and Tohru make the guys like or at least bear some things that they wouldn't have admitted before meeting them?! I mean, spoiler[for instance Kyo does many things just for Tohru's sake (Valentine's Day comes to my mind) just as Hiro doesn't say anything bad about the Cinderella play because Kisa enjoyed it so much. Shocked ]

I have a small question: do we really have to use spoiler tags at this point in our thread? Shocked I believe that everybody here knows what happens or to what we refer to. Or do we have to use them for the ones that might keep an eye on the thread but still don't want to be spoiled? Which is the procedure?
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:22 am Reply with quote
aya_honda wrote:

I have a small question: do we really have to use spoiler tags at this point in our thread? Shocked I believe that everybody here knows what happens or to what we refer to. Or do we have to use them for the ones that might keep an eye on the thread but still don't want to be spoiled? Which is the procedure?

I say that we continue using spoiler tags with thoughts for those in the future who may read this.

I seem to remember someone saying on another thread about a forum where they were having Sailor Moon discussions and were using spoiler tags and SM has been out a lot longer than FB.
murph76

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quote
Wow, this discussion has caught fire!! Shocked And welcome back aya_honda. I love to read your posts.

I haven't read through all the new posts, so I can't add to the Kisa-Tohru discussion. But I will soon.

I haven't seen Vol. 19 for sale yet around here. It may not be out until Tuesday, since that's the release day I keep seeing. Plus, I think we're still waiting to hear whether Richard J. and ningensei have their copies. So, we may or may not start that discussion next week.

-Murph
aya_honda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:48 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
aya_honda wrote:

I say that we continue using spoiler tags with thoughts for those in the future who may read this.

I seem to remember someone saying on another thread about a forum where they were having Sailor Moon discussions and were using spoiler tags and SM has been out a lot longer than FB.

Ok, I think that this is reasonable. I forgot about the people who come here for instance to find out when a next volume appears and don't want to be spoiled. Not everybody is like me: I seem unable to refrain myself from reading the spoilers. So, yeah, of course it makes sense to use spoiler tags. Geez, sorry I asked. It was a silly question (to put it kindly). Embarassed Shocked

Thank you, murph76. You are most kind. I try to stay around. As for volume 19, I think that the best would be to wait for all confirming that they got their copy of volume 19 and then start the discussion, as murph has suggested.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I think it's reasonable as to whether or not spoiler tags should be used or not, I think that even though there are several of us who know the ending, we do want to be considerate of those who have not even read or heard about the series. Not to say it's bad, aya_honda Wink

And, Lydia already pointed this out, but Genei Muso, or Phantom Dream, is going to be released by Tokyo Pop. This is exciting news, all we need now is Tsubasa wo Motsumono.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Well, I won't mind waiting to jump on discussion over volume 19. I'm playing the Cat in the Hat in the school musical this year, so I won't have enough time to contribute until late Sunday. Very Happy

And...volume 19 hasn't come out yet for some of you? Shocked

Hold on, brave Furuba fans, hold on!
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind waiting for Vol. 19 discussion either. I haven't finished reading it yet.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:58 am Reply with quote
I should read it too, that way I can remember what was specifically in there. I think there was some rather interesting things too.
murph76

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Well, since the ones able to purchase Vol. 19 don't mind waiting, we'll start the next topic. I don't have my copy yet, and I didn't get a chance to look for one today.

This week is all about Yuki and Ayame.

Ayame spoiler[goes from not caring about his brother at all, to the point he can't remember Yuki's name, to trying way, way, way too hard to be a part of Yuki's life.] Yuki spoiler[is annoyed, embarrassed and puzzled by his brother's behavior, but learns to accept the emotion behind the actions, if not the actions themselves.]

As of now, I'm thinking we will discuss Vol. 19 next week. I should be able to get my copy by then.

I look forward to everyone's comments.

-Murph
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:01 am Reply with quote
Ayame...dear, ditzy Ayame. Laughing

He really has his moments with Yuki. Yes, Yuki spoiler[has his moments with Ayame as well. To the point where he either wants to strangle his big brother or find the nearest hole and hide in it.]

But, when Yuki needs Ayame, Ayame is there. spoiler[When they were having the parent/teacher conferences, Ayame came and verbally bitch-slapped their mother. Of course, his "normalcy" didn't last long. Remember Miyu giving her sympathies to Hatori?]
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quote
The best of the best! Very Happy Ayame's intro ranks among the top for best comedy entrance into the storyline. The first thing we see is spoiler[Yuki holding Aya while he's asleep and telling Shigure to skin him. And then while Tohru's getting the whole background check about Ayame he comes into the room, in the nude!] Laughing
aya_honda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:13 am Reply with quote
And I honestly don't know who can resist Ayame's charm. I mean, this character is one of the funniest characters, not to mention crazy as hell. Very Happy But like LydiaDianne mentioned Ayame is there when Yuki needs him. spoiler[By far my favourite moment is the teacher/parents conference when Ayame was the best. ]

Anyway, they need a lot of time to know each other again. spoiler[Let's face it, Ayame practically sold his brother for a little bit of freedom which was very scarce in the Sohma family. I think that at that moment in Ayame's life he was just happy to be ignored by his parents and not be tortured by Akito like it happened with his brother (not that it was so easy to torture him Very Happy). But I also wondered how Ayame felt when his parents became so absorbed by his little brother. I mean, after all he has also been their child and still they just didn't have the eyes for him. Shocked ]
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:28 am Reply with quote
I don't think that Ayame would really admit it or recognize that he was spoiler[jealous of the attention that Yuki was getting from his parents, but I think that he was and that's part of the reason why he ignored Yuki.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 113 of 170