• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Library War Promo Movie, Commercial Posted Online

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quote
Man, that promo was quite funny in spots, not to mention the concept of fighting battles to protect libraries (of all things!). I'm looking forward to this series even more now. It is really shaping up to be great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RZetlin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:44 am Reply with quote
Where's Yomiko Readman when you need her?
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:56 am Reply with quote
RZetlin wrote:
Where's Yomiko Readman when you need her?

I'd say she most likely has her nose stuck in a book somewheres or something or other. Quite a shame really. She'd be perfectly suited for something of this nature, I gather.[/Bad British accent]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jen526

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:16 am Reply with quote
Really looking forward to this series, even more with that promo.

Was that Seki Tomokazu narrating at the beginning, or the voice actor for the prickly-looking dark-haired guy who seems to be the main male character?

It sounded a lot like Seki, and I got all excited that he'd be in the cast, but I don't see him in there...
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Man, that promo was quite funny in spots, not to mention the concept of fighting battles to protect libraries (of all things!). I'm looking forward to this series even more now. It is really shaping up to be great.

Yeah, well... don't laugh too hard. Libraries are frequent casualties of war- bombing a city can destroy centuries worth of knowledge and culture if you hit the wrong place, and most of the time the opposition prefers to hit everywhere. Not to mention new regimes or reformers have a habit of trying to toss out old ideas and cultures.

In fairness, mother nature is probably worse- the worse bibliodisaster in the 20th century was when Venice was flooded and uncountable volumes were destroyed.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:56 am Reply with quote
I'm with JG. That was a great promo. Really looking forward to this series, as it's both I.G and reminds me of plenty of other greats series that I like. (It's one of those you can just tell you'll like from the beginning.) And it starts airing next week! So excited!

I'm especially looking forward to the discussion! Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Warll

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quote
The concept behind this anime reminds me of this story: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.html
kyokun703

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:20 am Reply with quote
This series looks really good! I love these bibliophile anime. ROD OAV is one of my favorite anime. I hope this is as good.
edzieba

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quote
R.O.D without the superpowers? So, essentially, everyone is Drake (That always amused me. Yomiko Readman! The Power to control paper! Nancy Makuhari! The power to move through solid objects! Drake Anderson! I have a gun!).

All joking aside, this looks like a great series. And Ig do love their from-the-top-and-slightly-to-the-side almost perspective-free shots of officials sitting on sofas talking.
Labbes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:58 am Reply with quote
I guess I didn't understand everything (No wait, I actually understood none of the dialogue^^) but I can think about what happens and why.

If you can watch a promo and understand what is going on without being able to understand the particular language, that means it's really good, doesn't it? I mean, I watched the RAW of the first episode of Hatenko Yugi and didn't understand anything since most of it didn't make sense anyway...
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quote
The beginning of the promo was pretty militant. I was starting to wonder where the "comedy" part came in. But in the end, it looked really good. I agree with everyone (especially you Labbes. I didn't understand a thing either! Anime hyper). I'm looking forward to it.
LavenderAna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quote
This excites me both as an anime fan and a librarian-in-training Very Happy I can't wait to see it!

It also reminds me that I really need to sit down and finally watch the R.O.D OVA.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Well, currently waiting for the trailor to load..... (I swear my computer can't play these dang trailers! Mad ). If it's going to have more of a comedic feeling to it then I'd say the premise doesn't sound as bad as I originally thought. In fact, knowing more about it than I originally did, I'm actually kind of liking the premise. Should be a very good series at the least, but who knows, it could be better. Smile

LavenderAna wrote:
This excites me both as an anime fan and a librarian-in-training Very Happy I can't wait to see it!

Hey, you actually kind of reminded me there, this might be a series (and probably the only anime series at that) that might interest my dad quite a bit, since he's a professional librarian himself! Very Happy
marklungo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Three comments:

1. I've been looking forward to Library War since I heard about it, since I've always loved libraries and I think the premise has a lot of potential.

2. I really hope the show gets licensed.

3. More important, I really hope the show is good.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I understood none of that (curse my inablitly to learn languages!) but fighting to protect a library, I gotta see that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2