• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: USA Today Booklist, October 13-19: No Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hi-Chan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Fruits Basket also comes out Nov. 11.
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if the Haruhi manga will make it onto the Booklist? It seems like the series has managed to pick up enough fans in US to at least get to the lower tiers of the list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Agoston

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Leon Evolon wrote:
I wonder if the Haruhi manga will make it onto the Booklist? It seems like the series has managed to pick up enough fans in US to at least get to the lower tiers of the list.
Yeah, unless the fans read a review and find out the manga version blows before they run to the store and buy it. Some of them will probably buy it anyway, but I wouldn't be surpised if it's not very high up.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:19 am Reply with quote
There will probably be no manga until we see more manga. I'm not surprised at the result of it either. The current volume was slipping more and more throughout the weeks so it was coming sooner or later. Now we have to see how the next releases are going to do when they are released.
braves

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote
It'll be interesting to see if we can get 2 volumes of Naruto on the list in December, seeing as how Viz will release 2 volumes in consecutive months. I know I'll be doing my part. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Leon Evolon wrote:

The kind of buyers who put Naruto on the USA Today booklist are not the kind of buyers who are into Haruhi.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
Leon Evolon wrote:

The kind of buyers who put Naruto on the USA Today booklist are not the kind of buyers who are into Haruhi.

Fruits Basket has made the list as well, so it's not just Naruto buyers who make it up there (also, I know plenty of Naruto/Haruhi fans, including myself. I'm just not buying the manga because I'd rather wait and buy the light novels).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1