• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3 Anime Songs Place in Weekly Top 10 Singles in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quote
That's nice to hear, I really liked Kannagi's OP Very Happy

I've yet to watch Linebarrel or Kirarin, but they're on my queue.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote
motto☆Hade ni ne! is a nice song. Ame ga furu on the other hand is just pure win.
boznia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I've been humming parts of Ame ga Furu for the past couple of weeks. It's catchy.
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I preordered Kannagi's opening theme single instantly after I finished watching the first episode - have been enjoying it at least ten times per day since I got it Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Pshhh, Tan Tan Taan only hit the charts due to wota-inflated sales Razz but it's still the best song in the Kirarin franchise since Balalaika. Very Happy

I was gonna work out the chords to Motto Hade Ni Ne as well until I found that some guy already posted a piano cover of it on youtube so I don't care anymore.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:58 am Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
Pshhh, Tan Tan Taan only hit the charts due to wota-inflated sales Razz but it's still the best song in the Kirarin franchise since Balalaika. Very Happy

I'd agree with you on the first part if it weren't for the fact that Kirarin Revolution is likely the 2nd most popular young girls anime in Japan. (1st is PreCure 5.) It's a big driving force to how all of Koharu's releases have sold so well.
I remember going to the Hello! Project store in Shibuya around this time last year, and a little girl no older than 5 and her mom were there. The little girl brightened up so happily when the Kirarin song "Hana wo Puun!" started on the video screen, and she started doing the dance and everything.

But I agree that Taan Taan Taan is a great song. It's so cute and flows in such a pretty way through the melody. <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Tch. "motto☆Hade ni ne!" isn't even the best OP this season. Not even close. Yes, it's certainly catchy at first, but all the more forgettable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Different styles between Western and Japanese pop stars:
Western pop stars want to project more mature than their age;
Japanese pop stars want to appear childish than they really are. Laughing
maaya

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:35 am Reply with quote
Ame ga furu is truely beautiful ... completely wasted on this incredibly bad Linebarrels series ><
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1