• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippūden's Main English Dubbing Cast Announced

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:51 am Reply with quote
Chances are, everyone from the first season(s) will be reprising there roles from before. The only new cast members will probably be just for any new characters in Shippuden that weren't already in Naruto.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:11 am Reply with quote
Course, this doesn't matter worth a damn if it isn't picked up by a major US network with the same TV-PG stipulation it had on the CN.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:36 am Reply with quote
I hope Naruto sounds better this go around. Sakura too, those two really bugged me in the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:51 am Reply with quote
Conan-San Speaks the truth..... I still say all dubbing company's should team up and have the all Anime Channel on basic Cable. Like Japan has with the anime edited and Release a the Uncut DVD later. There will be better DVD Sales and Anime would get more popular. These are FACTS but no one like good Ideas so ill just keep hoping that someone will bring it up, then the higher ups would be like ''Oh **** why didn't we think of this before. Kid your getting promoted'' then the kid would be like ''Oh ****'' then when they announce this I'd be like ''Oh **** Finally no more of Cartoon network's ****''
SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN RECOMMEND THIS SO YOU CAN GET PROMOTED!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:56 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Conan-San Speaks the truth..... I still say all dubbing company's should team up and have the all Anime Channel on basic Cable.

Well, if together they can generate that much pull on the cable companies, then more power to them. Laughing

Mario1234567 wrote:

Like Japan has with the anime edited and Release a the Uncut DVD later. There will be better DVD Sales and Anime would get more popular. These are FACTS but no one like good Ideas so ill just keep hoping that someone will bring it up, then the higher ups would be like ''Oh **** why didn't we think of this before. Kid your getting promoted'' then the kid would be like ''Oh ****'' then when they announce this I'd be like ''Oh **** Finally no more of Cartoon network's ****''

Oh, what we have here a funny guy. Laughing
MangaNeko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:09 am Reply with quote
[quote="enurtsol"]
Mario1234567 wrote:
Conan-San Speaks the truth..... I still say all dubbing company's should team up and have the all Anime Channel on basic Cable.

Unfortunately ADV and Funimation already tried this. It nearly put ADV out of business and the market has now completely changed.

Mario1234567 wrote:

Like Japan has with the anime edited and Release a the Uncut DVD later. There will be better DVD Sales and Anime would get more popular. These are FACTS but no one like good Ideas so ill just keep hoping that someone will bring it up, then the higher ups would be like ''Oh **** why didn't we think of this before. Kid your getting promoted'' then the kid would be like ''Oh ****'' then when they announce this I'd be like ''Oh **** Finally no more of Cartoon network's ****''

It would be great if a cable channel did pick up Naruto, but I think an online system will be the solution.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:41 am Reply with quote
Can't Viz just pull a Jetstream?

It's rather strange they don't bother putting dubbed anything online.
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:20 am Reply with quote
Why don't they just put the cast is returning Question Its funny that they don't put Yuri Lowenthal on there since Sasuke doesn't appear for so freakin' long. One of the reasons shonen pisses me off so much, yet I keep watching it, lol.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:59 am Reply with quote
If the NFL Network and Big Ten Networks can't get on basic cable everywhere, what makes you think something with limited appeal like an all anime channel could? I would love to at least see a 24/7 channel available that I could pay a monthly fee for, but even that has little chance of happening. The real problem preventing more options on cable TV is the monopoly the big cable providers have.

(Edited for misspelling)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:04 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I would love to at least see a 24/7 channel available that I could pay a monthly fee for, but even that has little chance of happening.

I'm assuming you've already checked with your local cable/satellite provider to see if they offer Anime Network on Demand? My cable company charges me $6.95/month for it. Totally worth it.
BrianaTheBard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:44 am Reply with quote
Yayyyy Brian Donavan is still playing Rock Lee. I love that kid, and I think the Brian did one of the best voices on that show.
ani12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:56 am Reply with quote
Oh good, it seems the voice actors are the same. Thank god that odd rumor I heard about Malie Flannigan not returning was not true.

Well, I hope it manages to get on some TV channel, preferably Cartoon Network, again. (Yes, I know some of you people are going to b*tch about the censorship, but just so you all know, it could be much, much worse. )
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:59 am Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Can't Viz just pull a Jetstream?

It's rather strange they don't bother putting dubbed anything online.

Toonami Jetstream closed several months ago. But since Cartoon Network basically eliminated all of their anime, I have no clue where this show could be aired.

It will probably work it self out. Shame the overall show became overhyped in US. I really enjoyed watching this years before this was even licensed by Viz Media.
Kiyomaro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:20 am Reply with quote
[quote="MangaNeko"]
enurtsol wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

Unfortunately ADV and Funimation already tried this.

Those were separate attempts. He/she means everyone pull their resources together, Viz,Funi,ADV,Bandai, etc.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:28 am Reply with quote
I do hope they keep pretty much all of the same cast together for the Shippuuden dub. I just can't imagine a new voice actor for a returning character.

But anyway, on a happier note, yay for Kate Higgins as Sakura! ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5