• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Digimon for 2005

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fandrez

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Their setting up another season a Digimon Surprised ? Or is it just a movie since it says its CGed. I liked the first season (I'm 13), but the others weren't the best or that great. I wonder what this Digimon: X-evolution will be like.... Neutral
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:25 pm Reply with quote
"Full length feature" means it will be a movie. This is pretty good news, though not entirely unexpected. With the new manga and a slew of new games I think people suspected something like this was on the way. Should be pretty good too, while the TV series are lengthy they're also full of a lot of fluff. An all out movie could be good, especially if it's more about the Digimon as the description suggests (nothing against the kids, but after the 4th season they need to key them down a bit.) I'd expect Appleseed style cell shaded CGI in this movie.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:26 pm Reply with quote
ABC Family is SO getting this.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on if their license covers everything Digimon related, or just the stuff from the time of purchase from Fox. Disney *could* get TV rights, but I'm sure Bandai will handle this themselves like any other movie. There's a good chance of this getting a North American theatrical release to. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Bandai licenses it for over here before it shows in Japan.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
viciousdamsel

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:13 am Reply with quote
Actually, I hope fox will get it. I dont have cable at home......
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:59 am Reply with quote
viciousdamsel wrote:
Actually, I hope fox will get it. I don't have cable at home......

given that Saban (the company that brought over Digimon, and initially aired it on Fox) sold off their entire syndication library to ABC/Disney, *and* Fox no longer produces the Fox Kids block (4Kids does it for them)... and 4Kids also produces several shows for KidsWB...

... well, it depends on whether ABC has an option on Digimon 5.

Actually.. didn't Digimon 4 air in syndication? Who held the rights to it? Was that ABC, or some other company?
Fandrez

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:25 am Reply with quote
Well, Digimon 4 was air on UPN for me (channel 11). It might be a different channel for other states though. (I'm in WA)
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:58 am Reply with quote
The 4th season of Digimon was first shown on UPN as syndication. Then a year later, it was shown on ABC Family.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:40 pm Reply with quote
It was Disney that put it into syndication as part of a weekday block of their shows (it was run back to back with Tarzan and Recess). Also the season 4 website was part of the Disney website (since removed).

Emerje
Poppycock

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:20 am Reply with quote
YAY! i miss new Digimon stuff! a lot of people think it's only for kids but it's a lot cooler then people say (although i the 3rd series really did suck).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kelekin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:36 am Reply with quote
I didn't like season 4 of digimon much, and season 3 wasn't as good. The 2nd season was the best in my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I got out of Digimon about 3 years ago. However this intrigues me. I must look into this *runs off cackling madly* Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
C_Brightshadow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Oh gosh... more digimon?!? I watched the first and second seasons but after that it just went downhill from there. If the movie is based off the 1st or 2nd seasons then I'll look into it. If not... *run away quickly*
Fandrez

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:38 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing the new Movie will be something different from the other 4 seasons. I don't think that it will tie to any seasons, but be its own little thing.
Sanitarium

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:51 am Reply with quote
This would be ok news.. But the sad thing is, that here in Finland, they dub this.. And that dub is the most horrible dub i have ever heard! Confused I just wonder, how can anyone make that bad dubbing and then even air it on TV..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2