• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - The Ninja's Share

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the update on Policenauts.

I would never imagine,after waiting all these years,that finally,in 2009,I'll be able to go through Policenauts.Thanks Todd.
The_Libertarian_Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:05 am Reply with quote
Policenauts: The name sounded familiar (Think it came up in a ScrewAttack retrospective on the Metal Gear series), but I never really cared much about it till now.

Fate/Unlimited Codes: Why download-only? What's so wrong with putting it on physical media so people can put it on their shelves?
FeralKat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:14 am Reply with quote
Thanks for writing about Policenauts. I had no idea what my friends were fanboy-ing about!

Persona 3 PSP looks mighty sweet! Can't wait! Very Happy
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:34 am Reply with quote
The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:
Fate/Unlimited Codes: Why download-only? What's so wrong with putting it on physical media so people can put it on their shelves?

Money.
Agoston

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:10 am Reply with quote
Dammit, I want New Frontier. Being a massive Harvest Moon and FFT fan, that game looks great.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:22 am Reply with quote
Hey, I love Odin Sphere's storytelling.

Granted, the gameplay can get tedious as hell.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:32 am Reply with quote
Definitely going to get Fate/Unlimited Codes(though $30 is a little much but oh well still getting it anyways).
darcerin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:04 am Reply with quote
OMG, Thexdar. My dad bought that for our Apple II GS back in the mid-80's and I HATED it, because I didn't understand how to play. I believe it was a key based system, where you either used the arrows or certain letter on they keyboard to move Thexdar and have him shoot at the same time. Either way, it ticked me off (hey, I was 6, give me a break), but now that it's on a console, maybe I'd actually enjoy playing it...
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:34 am Reply with quote
one minute while I get a bucket to catch my drool for Muramasa.

I'm still wondering how the Persona 3 PSP is going to be in terms of content because if it's just going to be P3 all over again it seems kinda redundant especially since I already got FES. CAPCOM's trademark of Okamiden also interests me.

As for Policenauts, I think it'd matter more if I actually had a modded PS1. The only way to play the game is burning the English patch onto a CD-R and playing it on a PS1. Still, props to the guys who did that.
Hardgear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Get Excited If: You know that the Rin Tohsaka figure was, in fact, from the Revoltech Fraulein series, thank you very much.

*sighs, then looks at his Rin Tohsaka figure, sittin on his desk, at work*

You got me.

I think I'm gonna get a PSP just for this game...
Subatomic Brainfreeze

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:00 am Reply with quote
Todd leads with Policenauts. ANN leads with Naruto.

WORK THAT AUDIENCE
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote
You knew it was coming. Persona 3 on the PSP? Hell, if I hadn't bought the PS2 version of that I'd buy that. Maybe I will. But of course you know the fandom are going to have much work ahead of them. Hoo boy, now they have a "female" side to work with. Will Persona 4 be not far behind?

Glad to know that 'Muramasa' is coming along.
OrochiKiyo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I imported the PS2 Unlimited Codes SP box; the Saber Lily Figma was really cute. I'll end up getting this version too, because I'm a dork. It's just funny having to answer questions like, "Why does Sakura look like that?" and "Who's Saber Lily, anyway?"

And it's just my opinion, but Figmas > Revoltechs. Laughing

Also, the "Disturbing BlazBlue telephone cards" wouldn't be these: http://www.blazblue.jp/goods.html, would they? These were given out when the game was released in Japan.
Labbes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:05 pm Reply with quote
While Muramasa does look really good, I don't think it beats out Trine. That has to be one of the most mesmerizing games I have ever seen.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Odin Sphere was fantastic. Sure, the Gwendolyne act was boring, but the subsequent stories were at least decent. I thought it was overall a nice package with the lovely graphics, amazing soundtrack and the occasionally fun side-scrolling, I also loved levelling up via consuming food. I had no idea that another game by Vanillaware was in the works. Now I have little excuse to put off buying a Wii until the new Zelda or Mario RPG is out.

Policenauts looks quite appetizing. I also wanted to play Snatcher for the longest time. I blame the fact on me being too obssessed with platformers and fighting games back in the day to miss on so many great games from the other genres.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2