• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Starting a Light Novel Magazine

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nolwenn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I'm starting a light novel magazine, and I need lots of people to help me like writers, editors, artists, and graphic designers. Is anyone interested? If so, please pm me.

thanks!
Koji98

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quote
So what will you be doing for this magazine?
I'm sorry, but from the looks of it you have no idea what you are doing, and that really pushes people away who might be truly interested.
Could you describe your business plan, along with anything else that might attract people to help you?
nolwenn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I don't think it's fair for you to say that I don't know what I'm doing. And it's not that I don't know what I'm doing, so please don't insult me. I'm just starting out. I want to use the ezine format to create a light novel magazine and distribute on sites where people primarily interested in light novels, manga, anime, etc gather. Are you interested?
nolwenn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:06 pm Reply with quote
I've started a blog for the ezine if anyone is interested.

http://monthlycapriccio.wordpress.com/

Please have a look if you have time.
nhat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote
nolwenn wrote:
I don't think it's fair for you to say that I don't know what I'm doing. And it's not that I don't know what I'm doing, so please don't insult me. I'm just starting out. I want to use the ezine format to create a light novel magazine and distribute on sites where people primarily interested in light novels, manga, anime, etc gather. Are you interested?

Eh its not an insult, its constructive criticism. One of life lessons is to take people opinions and criticism and use it to your advantage. Also you need to have standards set and guidelines or else no one will take you seriously. Look at dannychoo as an example on how he does his business.
RiskyTheShinigami

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, seems like a really cool idea, but you need to tighten up your presentation. That said, I'd be interested in contributing, or even just helping you get your materials presentable, if you indeed have some solid ideas you can elaborate on.
Koji98

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:00 pm Reply with quote
RiskyTheShinigami wrote:
Yeah, seems like a really cool idea, but you need to tighten up your presentation. That said, I'd be interested in contributing, or even just helping you get your materials presentable, if you indeed have some solid ideas you can elaborate on.

Ditto. Once you have laid out your battle plan out on the table to show everyone, I might consider helping out with writing. But at this point, I don't see how you are going to accomplish this with the little details you've presented us.
nolwenn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote
You know what, you're right. All of you are, and I really appreciate everyone's input. I apologize if I have come off as arrogant or inexperienced to anyone here. I have read everyone's advice and taken it to heart. As a result, I have added some pages to my site for people to view so they can get a better understanding of my vision for the ezine. I hope that this gives each person a better idea of what I am aiming to create. Please be sure to look at the three pages at the top right. These should answer your questions, but if you have any more questions, feel free to pm me or send me an email which is included on the submission guidelines pages.

http://monthlycapriccio.wordpress.com/

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, but using the forums to advertise/recruit is something we discourage.

Locked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1