• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - The Old Frontier

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReiClone88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Cho Aniki is coming to America? Yay!
Oh wait, It's download only? Nevermind... Sad
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:05 am Reply with quote
ReiClone88 wrote:
Cho Aniki is coming to America? Yay!
Oh wait, It's download only? Nevermind... Sad

Well at least the RPG game will be on UMD. But honestly not surprised that Cho Aniki is download-only.

I would also like the Compile Heart game for PS2 but chances of that happening are not existant unless NISA, Atlus, or XSeed have nothing else to do(which is not true since all of those companies are busy with other titles that other companies wouldn't even bother bringing over).
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote
oh dear, now Americans can partake in the pec-heavy horror.

definitely looking forward to Dragon Age, though I really wish Western RPGs would branch out into stuff other than Tolkien-esque fantasy or Clarke-ish sci-fi. Oh well, 'least I'll have loads of amusing lines.
B.K.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:12 am Reply with quote
I hope Kato gets stuck working on Final Fantasy XI expansions the rest of his career. He'll do the least damage there. He single handedly ruined the Chrono universe.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:18 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
definitely looking forward to Dragon Age, though I really wish Western RPGs would branch out into stuff other than Tolkien-esque fantasy or Clarke-ish sci-fi. Oh well, 'least I'll have loads of amusing lines.

Such as Jade Empire, Fallout, Planescape: Torment, Anachronox...
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:16 am Reply with quote
OH GOD YES, I LOVE MASATO KATO. Posting that interview made my week. Thanks, Todd!!

Also, I am seriously considering getting Dragon Age. I've always wanted to play a gritty, dark fantasy game - and a BioWare game for that matter. I wonder if I can still preorder it...?

@AiddonValentine: Have you checked out the upcoming Alpha Protocol? That looks to be... well, a Western RPG that's not set in Tolkien-esque fantasy or Clarke-ish sci-fi. Look it up, it looks like it has potential.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:44 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or does Yun Fang have manhands? I mean, just look at that second picture.
DFBTG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:54 am Reply with quote
So Bioware is behind Dragon Age? And it's like KOTOR but with blood and a fantasy setting? Well now, I think it is now going to go on my wish list. Although Demon's Souls has been sucking up plenty of my time (and I have 8-9 other games to play...all of them RPGs that are going to take quite some time to beat) this may cause me to set it aside. Curses.
ultimafullmetal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:08 am Reply with quote
Dragon Age is going to be so very amazing. Oh, and no Marilyn Manson in it at all thank goodness.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:21 am Reply with quote
I'm still playing fallout 3, not to mention all the DLC that just came out for the PS3 version, plus Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed 2. And I just picked up Borderlands. I also finally picked up Mass Effect so I can finish it before 2 comes out next year...
Dragon Age looks nice, but I think I'll wait until the price comes down some, and I've beaten some of these other time sinkholes.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:44 am Reply with quote
Macross news always makes me cry... and so many long games coming out. Gotta take my time and enjoy them. Next on my list is Uncharted 2 or Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition. Might be safer with Uncharted 2.

And Oerba Yun Fang is the new Poison. Just saying.

Last edited by TatsuGero23 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:23 am Reply with quote
O-M-G!!! Cho Aniki actually taking a chance and coming here? Ho ho ho!! I can't wait to see this. I might have to give this a shot. Y'know for years I always wondered why in many Japanese games why there were always big muscular guys popping up. Now I understand it was a reference to that series. Like 'Breath of Fire II'. And let's not forget 'Persona 3' and 'Persona 4'.

I'm also surprised that there are still more PS2 games coming out. Of course the majority of them aren't coming here.

As for 'FFXIII'. I've been against getting a PS3, and I told myself that I'm pretty much done with the FF series on the larger platforms. Not so much on the DS. FFXII was the last game I picked up. But now the more I hear on this game the more I might consider buying a PS3 solely for that reason. Another good thing is that 'Nomura' is not involved with the direction, (art direction yes) so chances are the story might be decent.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:25 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
As for 'FFXIII'. I've been against getting a PS3, and I told myself that I'm pretty much done with the FF series on the larger platforms. Not so much on the DS. FFXII was the last game I picked up. But now the more I hear on this game the more I might consider buying a PS3 solely for that reason. Another good thing is that 'Nomura' is not involved with the direction, (art direction yes) so chances are the story might be decent.

FFXIII is also on Xbox360 so don't let that be the only reason to get a PS3 although I love my PS3. If you want MSG4 or the Uncharted Games or JRPGs or a Blu-Ray player, then get a PS3. Plus now we are getting Netflix and free Brutal Legends DLC for a month so while Xbox's have to pay at the get go as of this post.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:36 am Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

FFXIII is also on Xbox360 so don't let that be the only reason to get a PS3 although I love my PS3. If you want MSG4 or the Uncharted Games or JRPGs or a Blu-Ray player, then get a PS3. Plus now we are getting Netflix and free Brutal Legends DLC for a month so while Xbox's have to pay at the get go as of this post.

Well, I've never really been interested in XB360 either. Also not many of the games on that system interest me anyway. And while I'm a MGS fan, they're not my types of game to play. I guess the only thing I could get out of owning a PS3 for FFXIII (if I decided to get one as I'm still debating) is that I will end up with a 'Blu-Ray' player. And then, there's always 'Persona 5'.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quote
Yes, one hell of a line up we've got this fall gaming wise. I'm looking forward very much to Dragon Age... Got a collector's guide and game all pre-ordered and being set for delivery.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3