• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - The Last Record Chronicles

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:16 am Reply with quote
What? You're complaining that there's not enough fanboy rage? There are few things more annoying than gamers devouring each other over their favourite systems (but I have this hunch you already knew that). Confused
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
So what's wrong with all of you? Aren't you hopelessly loyal to one of the three current game systems? Don't you hate the Wii or the Xbox 360 or the PlayStation 3?

I can honestly say, not really. At this point the difference between PS3 and 360 is negligible and really does come down to personal preference in game genres. I've been massively disappointed with Nintendo and the Wii but 2010 looks to be a strong year especially with WiiMotionPlus which make actually solve the fundamental technological problems that have limited the Wii thus far.

Quote:
But hey, Versus XIII, the second part of Square Enix's loosely linked Final Fantasy XIII project, is still loyal to the PlayStation 3.

Yeah I'm dying for some more info on Versus. Based on the initial trailers I always thought it looked cooler than XIII.
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:15 am Reply with quote
I've read/heard impressions of NSMBWii saying it's the 2D Mario experience that the DS itteration was supposed to set out to do but didn't. I also heard it's the trickiest 2D Mario to date and that even veterans will encounter difficulty.

I'm kind of happy about the return of Yoshi and Koopa kids plus some cleaver hidden/walkthrough walls mechanic.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:02 am Reply with quote
I think I might have drooled when looking at that list of all those JRPGS coming to America next year on PS3 because I want every single 1 of them. And plus Ar Tonelico III is a given that it will be in America but only 2 questions remain Namco Bandai getting the U.S. rights or NIS of America still staying with the series? And other question is when? 2010 or 2011? But regardless 2010 is going to be the year of the JRPGs in both Japan and America.

And I got to say I really prefer the PSP version of that Eve Burst Error.

BlazBlue on PSP= awesome but can be done anyways if you use Remote Play on the PS3 verison.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:54 am Reply with quote
I'm not loyal to any consoles but I do have this to say:

Nintendo, you screwed me on the Wii. Had I known it was going to end up being the money printer for you guys and not a decent gaming console like say... The Gamecube, I wouldn't ever have bought the damn thing. With roughly 2-3 games a year to play on that thing? Ugh...

Now I have a 360 and I'm happier as a gamer. Not because I'm biased, but because I have a console in which THERE ARE GAMES COMING OUT I ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT. I don't think anything was 'quite' as heartbreaking as hoping for some big announcement back in E3 2007, only to see your big ****ing ticket was the ****ING WII FIT.

Ugh... So there's some nerdrage for ya Todd. The rage of a jaded gamer who got tricked into buying a console and expecting the developer of it to make what we wanted. Sure, I'll still use it, but chances are most of my gaming is 96 parts xbox, 4 parts Wii.

Though, I will admit Dead Space Extraction was fun.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:59 am Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
Though, I will admit Dead Space Extraction was fun.

I need to get that. Shocked
RedLeader

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:09 am Reply with quote
Heh. I think we got the bulk of the "rage" with the one or two people that said they didn't like Wii last article. :p

Really looking forward to New Mario this week! Hopefully, it's much bigger/longer than New Mario DS! Sfried said it! Yoshi, Koopalings, and...! I hear there's also... [LOOKS AROUND SUSPICIOUSLY THEN WHISPERS] ... airships...! :O
Levitz9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:30 am Reply with quote
Hmm...that Eve game looks interesting. Not to be a faboy, though, but I think I prefer the old art. I dunno, the artstyle used in the 90s appeals to me more than today's hyper-stylized character designs.

I really can't say I care much for the games that are announced, sadly. Part of it is because I don't even have a PS3, but there's also the fact that RPGs--well, JRPGs--are trying to reinvent the wheel. I dunno, maybe I was born a generation too late, or I'm just in my 'cynic gamer' phase. Or, I just need to play Nostalgia. *shrug*
UltimateSpaceLion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:08 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

Quote:
But hey, Versus XIII, the second part of Square Enix's loosely linked Final Fantasy XIII project, is still loyal to the PlayStation 3.

Yeah I'm dying for some more info on Versus. Based on the initial trailers I always thought it looked cooler than XIII.

I'll second that. I find myself really not all that excited about FFXIII...

Quote:
Ueda's last games were deliberately awkward in control

I never had any issues with the controls in ICO or Shadow of the Colossus. Certainly not anything like I did with the controls in Assassin's Creed, say. Those were abominable. Mad

As per console loyalties, I am firmly in the PS3 camp. I have a Wii too, but I can't remember the last time I took it out. I have nothing against the Xbox, but other than Left 4 Dead, I can't think of any games that I would be bothered playing on it. The PS3 has Uncharted 2, however, which really is the best game I have ever played in my fifteen years of gaming.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:33 am Reply with quote
Wow, Todd, you're really against the new Toshinden, aren't you?

Oh well, I don't care, since I do hope that it will come over so that I can play it. The new trailer has me more interested than before, especially with it's fully voiced story mode... That you didn't even bother to mention in your small blurb about it.

But, of course, even if the game ends up being respectably good you'll probably still hate it, since you are so adamant about hating it already.
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:43 am Reply with quote
Quote:
In North America, however, it'll be a PLAYSTATION Network download.
Yep, that's the official word, but, a rep. from their site's board stated that there is going to be an announcement concerning Agarest coming very soon (it was supposed to be released this month, but pushed back to next year). It sounds promising and there are a few rumors going around what it could be, but we'll see.

The only other game I really looking forward to before the year ends is Zombie Panic in Wonderland for the WiiWare. If you're familiar with Little Red Riding Hood’s Zombie BBQ, it's very similar.
Both games look like they're worth a look. Zombie BBQ was very fun.
There are other WiiWare and Virtual Console games that were released recently that I really want to check out but I just haven't had the time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:02 am Reply with quote
Umm, does anyone else think that guy in The Last Rebellion screen shot looks suspiciously like Asch or long-haired Luke from Tales of the Abyss?
Ranma824

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
Quote:
In North America, however, it'll be a PLAYSTATION Network download.
Yep, that's the official word, but, a rep. from their site's board stated that there is going to be an announcement concerning Agarest coming very soon (it was supposed to be released this month, but pushed back to next year). It sounds promising and there are a few rumors going around what it could be, but we'll see.

Man, I REALLY don't want to double dip, but I might depending on what Aksys has to offer.

Imported and been playing Agarest for a week now, and I like it. It's pretty slow in the beginning though. The sprites look better then average IMO, or at least better then the typical Gust game.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Oh cool, a Resident Evil game that will explain Leon and Krauser's history. In RE 4, when Ada was like, "you two know each other?", I was like, "he knows me, but I sure as heck never seen his face before!". I also agree with Todd's views on what are the top 2 RE games.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle wrote:

BlazBlue on PSP= awesome but can be done anyways if you use Remote Play on the PS3 verison.

Hahaha, no it can't. Really, it can't.

And hey, what was wrong with Judgment. I never actually played it, but I have AC+, and aside from a little slowdown during meatier combos (which IS a problem, don't get me wrong) it was spot on, and it definitely looked better than this.

[edit] Oh, and Resident Evil 4 is terrible. Honestly, the worst game I've ever bothered to finish (not counting Beat em' Ups I played with infinite continues). How it's considered ONE OF THE ALL TIME GREATS is entirely beyond me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3