• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: K-On! Anime's 2nd Season Officially Announced

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:18 am Reply with quote
Encore!!! spoiler[Now I hope they don't fudge the Romeo and Juliet chapter; it has Mugi as the scriptwriter for cripes sake!!!] Cool
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:20 am Reply with quote
...Shows like this get another season, yet more intellectual shows don't?

Wonders never cease.
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:27 am Reply with quote
Well the soul of anime just died a little more
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Draneor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

It boggles the mind they'd make a sequel to the second best selling TV anime of 2009.

Anime is a commercial product--it's too expensive to produce purely for the sake of art.
jsc315

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:43 am Reply with quote
This show annoys me to no end. But no one is making you watch the show. anime is for those that just want something simple and just fun and others want a good story and lots of action. At least something is popular. As bad as anime has been doing here we need every little help even from the bad shows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eaglestorm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:44 am Reply with quote
Art doesn't sell. That's why they are relegated to art galleries and museums. I'd rather watch a 2nd season of entertaining K-ON than a bunch of boring artsy series
Crystal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quote
I don't think there's really much manga material to base off of.

*sigh* I'd like this series so much more if the jokes were actually funny and the characters weren't so one-dimensional. Love the music and animation though.
gunshottrigun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote
This is exciting for me, while I am not crazy for the show, I did enjoy it a lot. I think a second season is deserved and will be well appreciated by the fans.
relentlessflame

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:49 am Reply with quote
Draneor wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

It boggles the mind they'd make a sequel to the second best selling TV anime of 2009.

By the time you count the insane amount of music CDs sold, it's almost certainly the top-grossing TV anime of 2009, and right up there with top-grossing late-night TV anime of all-time. Not to mention sales of the manga and the magazine that runs it. This getting a sequel was as close to a sure thing as it comes, I'd say.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote
Wowzers! A second K-On! season!? Yay!
Manwards

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:12 am Reply with quote
I love this series! It may be simple, but it's charming and fun, and sometimes, that's okay. I enjoyed dissecting the symbolism in The End of Evangelion and puzzling out the conspiracies in Eden of the East more than anyone, but that doesn't mean I can't spend 24 minutes a week with a cute girl band too. The last two books I read were Enid Blyton's "Fifth Formers at St. Clare's" and Joseph Heller's "Catch-22". Just because you enjoy and appreciate complex and intelligent stories doesn't mean you have to close yourself off to the simpler ones.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:20 am Reply with quote
While I haven't watched the first season I don't know why some people are surprised to see a sequel. It was pretty popular from all I heard about it. But its just not an anime I would be into.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quote
Booyah! I realize this type of show isn't for everybody, but I for one really enjoyed it. Now we just need a US release!

Anyone, anyone? Funi, Sentai?
mastertr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote
snl67 wrote:
Booyah! I realize this type of show isn't for everybody, but I for one really enjoyed it. Now we just need a US release!

Anyone, anyone? Funi, Sentai?

If Funimation were interested in this show, it would have already been picked up by them by now. I'm not surprised they aren't interested. It's an otaku show. As much as I like to see dubs in anime, dubbing K-On would be a waste of money. The fans that like the show would buy it, nobody else. Plus, it really isn't a show that would benefit from a dub.

Sentai Filmworks however...there is always a chance they will pick it up and release it as a sub-only DVD set. They did release Blue Drop after all, which I never thought would get an R1 release.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote
mastertr wrote:
If Funimation were interested in this show, it would have already been picked up by them by now.

Well, let's see what they announce next week (starting Jan. 4) with their slew of what should be license announcements again. (I'm referring to their 2010 Roll Out Riot thing) I'm still crossing my fingers for K-On! Yes, it's silly and mindless but the music / band jokes and comments are fun.

A second season could be as entertaining, esp. if we actually see them performing music more often.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7