• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jungle Guu Update

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wizard55

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:54 pm Reply with quote
well, I haven't seen these yet but its still great news because this is a great anime!!! yeah!!! lol
rage-demon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I wonder why they decided on Hare for the name instead of Hale. I have the imported first volume of the manga and they do spell his name "Hale"... But then again they also use "Goo". Guess i can't be too picky. Now i just hope the anime does well enough to get the manga over here also.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:42 pm Reply with quote
YES! Guu finally got liscened. Kinda cool a small company like AN got it. I wasn't into Risky Safety, but I repected it and really liked AN for bringing it over and doing a good job. I think Guu might be a bigger title and I can't wait for them to bring it here.

-Xenos
VOX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:45 pm Reply with quote
This is pretty funny. I was just talking to my girlfriend not more than a month ago saying how Jungle Guu would be a perfect anime for AN to license! I guess I can predict the future now. Anyways, I've seen the first 6 or 7 episodes of this at Metrocon 2003 and it was pretty damn funny. I'm glad it was finally licensed.
KawaiiKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Yayay! Very Happy Yay for Guu! I'm so happy about its license! AN entertainment eh?...mmm...dunno much about them, and I didn't really expect them to license Guu, but yay for them now!Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Manga
KawaiiKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:31 pm Reply with quote
rage-demon wrote:
I wonder why they decided on Hare for the name instead of Hale.

Well, I know that "r" would be pronunced as "L" in Japanese right? Some people use Hare and some just use Hale I guess. I've seen both on sites and stuff.

The name Hare+ Guu...I like the other one better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Manga
rage-demon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:13 pm Reply with quote
KawaiiKitty wrote:
rage-demon wrote:
I wonder why they decided on Hare for the name instead of Hale.

Well, I know that "r" would be pronunced as "L" in Japanese right? Some people use Hare and some just use Hale I guess. I've seen both on sites and stuff.

The name Hare+ Guu...I like the other one better.

I understand about the L and R sounds in the Japanese language... but since the original manga uses the spelling "Hale", i figured they would have gone with that. Also, from watching all of the anime already, i have to say that it sounds like Hale also... Hare just sounds kinda weird. But then again... what's in a name.
KawaiiKitty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Lol...I can picture some people looking at "Hare" and pronunciating it as the animal "hare". Laughing

...or maybe "Ha-ree"...heheh...
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:12 pm Reply with quote
It's kinda doomed either way.

A Hare (if mis-pronouned as "Hair") is an animal similar to a rabbit.
Hale (if mis-pronouned as "Hail") means "healthy".

Which potential mis-pronunciation would you prefer to use?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lyricaldanichan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:
It's kinda doomed either way.

A Hare (if mis-pronouned as "Hair") is an animal similar to a rabbit.
Hale (if mis-pronouned as "Hail") means "healthy".

Which potential mis-pronunciation would you prefer to use?

how about hah-leh

Anywhoo my biggest guest is why they are sticking with hale+guu is that is the title being used for the new manga series (3 volumes so far). Jungle Guu ended at volume 10, so I am not sure what is the difference story wise between them. Now I am wondering who is going to release the manga in the US.
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:21 am Reply with quote
rage-demon wrote:
I wonder why they decided on Hare for the name instead of Hale. I have the imported first volume of the manga and they do spell his name "Hale"

At the AN panel they stated that the Japanese liscensee has retained alot of control over the series, including the name. So "Hare" is the creator's wish, oh well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1