• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Uncensored Sekirei, Other Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roscuro987

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:43 am Reply with quote
nice!!! Very Happy now can we get a preorder date, so we can buy it Very Happy Smile

First!!!!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:25 am Reply with quote
So Funimation picked this up?
I'm curious to see check this out. It says it a "harem" but I don't see any guy.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:28 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I'm curious to see check this out. It says it a "harem" but I don't see any guy.

Were you just looking at ANN's page on the show? There's a guy in the show. Can't miss him - at all.
Ranma824

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:34 am Reply with quote
They can show Sekirei uncensored, but had to pull an episode of Strike Witches...

The 2 shows can't be that drastically different.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Ranma824 wrote:
They can show Sekirei uncensored, but had to pull an episode of Strike Witches...

It all depends on what kind and number of complaints they get. One show may get more than the other for no rational reason at all.

I'm just glad they are streaming the uncut version as I've heard a few things about art problems I'd like to check on for myself.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:32 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
Among the titles are the first four subtitled episodes of Sekirei, and the subtitled version of the live-action movie Ichi.

I looked on Funimation's site and YouTube channel and it only has uploaded the first two episodes, uncut and subtitled.

I saw the first two episodes and thought it was okay. It sure has a lot of bouncing oversized breasts. All I know is that Sekirei pushes the ecchi genre to its limit. I have seen a few ecchi titles here and there but Sekirei is the first I have seen with nudity. All that pseudo nudity (with steam clouds and conveniently placed objects) in the other series can not be compared to actual nudity.
animeboy12

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:29 pm Reply with quote
The Naked Beast wrote:

I saw the first two episodes and thought it was okay. It sure has a lot of bouncing oversized breasts. All I know is that Sekirei pushes the ecchi genre to its limit. I have seen a few ecchi titles here and there but Sekirei is the first I have seen with nudity. All that pseudo nudity (with steam clouds and conveniently placed objects) in the other series can not be compared to actual nudity.

hahahahahaha Laughing Laughing

Oh my I'm sorry but I'm just tearing up, Sekerei in no way shap or form pushes ecchi to the limit, that title belongs to series like queen's blade or qwaser. Nudity has has been in ecchi series for a while now. The only reason for the pseudo nudity for the steam clouds or obtruction of veiw is because your watching the censored version
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Ranma824 wrote:

One big difference. Sekerei's characters (at least the ones with naughty stuff) are all of adult age (the lead male is about 20). Strike Witches' characters are all early teens. Therefore, the latter was bound get tons of complaints.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Man, Ichi must've bombed in Japan for Shochiku to be giving it away like that...
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Were you just looking at ANN's page on the show? There's a guy in the show. Can't miss him - at all.

I was looking at ANN's page. Of course I had to go all the way to the Japanese page just to find out. There we go. Alrighty then.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:12 pm Reply with quote
animeboy12 wrote:
The Naked Beast wrote:

hahahahahaha Laughing Laughing

Oh my I'm sorry but I'm just tearing up, Sekerei in no way shap or form pushes ecchi to the limit, that title belongs to series like queen's blade or qwaser. Nudity has has been in ecchi series for a while now. The only reason for the pseudo nudity for the steam clouds or obtruction of veiw is because your watching the censored version

I guess this person never saw Kanonkon either, which will be released by media blasters in april, now kanokon pushes ecchi to the limits of almost being hentai, but it is so funny you have to laugh
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:20 am Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
Strike Witches' characters are all early teens. Therefore, the latter was bound get tons of complaints.

To be strictly accurate, most are mid- to late-teens.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
russ869

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Hold it...! Didn't the uncensored Sekirei look ridiculous? Like with badly added floating nipples...?

Or am I thinking of a completely different show?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Yes, it was Sekirei

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/10/22/sekirei-dvd-fail-–-floating-nipples-animation-errors-abound/ (NSWF - seriously, do NOT click if at work or with your granny in the room)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
the Rancorous wrote:
Strike Witches' characters are all early teens. Therefore, the latter was bound get tons of complaints.

To be strictly accurate, most are mid- to late-teens.

True, but they look to in their early teens. That's just as bad to some people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1