• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Alive - Saishū Shinka teki Shōnen Manga Ends in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:42 pm Reply with quote
So does that mean Del Rey will publish the remaining volumes? I wasn't sure if they had possibly dropped its license or if their release schedule was simply a bit slower than is the norm.

I absolutely fell in love with this manga and I am dying to own every scrap of it. Anime hyper Anime hyper Anime hyper
NDenizen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:11 am Reply with quote
That plot description isn't very good, as far as I can tell there was no "virus" - even as a mystery, it wasn't referred to as viral.

As for the manga ending, what a shame! That being said, it is very good, and I would rather it finished properly. It seems the mangaka was tying up most of the loose ends anyway, so dragging it on would make little sense. I just hope it was ended properly.

And I do hope that it does get an anime adaptation, as I think it could be good. I'm not particularly fussed about Gonzo and AIC, I feel they wouldn't be able to do it justice. If IG or Madhouse got their hands on it, that would be swell.

Alive is pretty underrated, but it's become a real gem.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1