• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Otaku Awards' 'Girl's Side' Winners Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:15 pm Reply with quote
how common are female otakus in Japan? i mean i know they exist, but i have yet to actually see one.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:16 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
how common are female otakus in Japan? i mean i know they exist, but i have yet to actually see one.

Probably all over the place. You just don't see them because they are not obvious about it.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
What? All I see is a bunch of stuff I'd usually consider crap a complete waste of time. No wonder I'd rather stick to my 2-d girls! Wink
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:07 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
What? All I see is a bunch of stuff I'd usually consider crap a complete waste of time. No wonder I'd rather stick to my 2-d girls! Wink

Well, ... there are a lot of women who like this kind of stuff. I keep hearing how yaoi manga sells really well to women in Japan.

and, uh, ....wait a minute,.....didn't you just post the following in another thread?:

Quote:
Apparently you never considered the fact that your own opinion, or the others criticizing the show, could be wrong, and the review right.
But then again, "if you have a problem with that, then create your own damn studio" anime. Go, show them, cowboya. [/irony]

I guess a lot of the people who voted for those titles didn't think they were crap. (reserving my own opinion here Laughing )[/quote]
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:40 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
and, uh, ....wait a minute,.....didn't you just post the following in another thread?:

Quote:
Apparently you never considered the fact that your own opinion, or the others criticizing the show, could be wrong, and the review right.
But then again, "if you have a problem with that, then create your own damn studio" anime. Go, show them, cowboya. [/irony]

I guess a lot of the people who voted for those titles didn't think they were crap. (reserving my own opinion here Laughing )

So? I said that I'd(pay attention to "I" here) usually consider this awful. I never called it awful. Besides I wasn't making a point there, I was merely mentioning that post's irony(and the quoted part is his own line said to me in a different topic where I called the movie studios greedy). I do defy everything I say; keep a note of that! Smile
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Wait a minute. I was just kidding around with you. These "Otaku Awards" kind of generate the kidding around comments. If you look at the men's "otaku" awards, you can see that they are kind of the same. Fanservice "otaku" stuff. I did get your irony. I was kind of making a point of it (the irony).
care2care

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Miracle Train won something. I did not see that coming seeing as that each episode of it is the same exact thing.

But I guess voice actor fanservice is still fanservice... in a way.
Joichiro Nishi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:33 pm Reply with quote
It seems otaku girls still prefer 3D over 2D, Samurai Sentai Shinkenger won the Grand Prix after all. This series is a mixed bag, it has good characters, good villains and great episodes but it also has too much filler. I've never expected to see this series in a Otaku Award but I guess girls like it for its pretty boys and some yaoi innuendos.

It seems fanboys and fangirls think the entire day in sex.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1