• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl Anime to End, New Series Planned

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiyomaro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:33 am Reply with quote
Well, we all saw this coming.
darksharingan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:41 am Reply with quote
I think they should start anew with Pokemon. It's time for a complete reboot for a faster-paced story, new characters, starting from the very beginning of the Indigo League.

Well in either case, the show needs to be rebooted the same way Digimon was rebooted with Digimon Savers which brought back the older fans. Since the first movie was the best of the Pokemon movies, they should make it as dark as that,
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:52 am Reply with quote
You mean like, "Pokemon Begins"?

Even I'm getting tired of the using these Batman references to describe reboots.
jhuhn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:05 am Reply with quote
So we'll get to see a Pokemon episode with the words:
Next time....
a new adventure!
to indicate the conclusion of the Diamond & Pearl adventure and the beginning of a new adventure in a new land and new Pokemon.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:11 am Reply with quote
Well that was fast

The new game info just got released a week or so ago. There already planing a new anime?

Any way I hope there using the new girl design for the new person in the next anime. I just love the new design for black and white. (maybe it's just because they finally went with just a ponytail? )
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:17 am Reply with quote
BRING BACK MISTY!

They always bring back Brock for who knows what reason (all he does it get punched in the crouch), but thought it'd be a cool idea to dump the only love interest the show has had in it's 13 years (excluding Anabel because she was only in one episode). Besides, the show went straight downhill when she left and it's time for her return, DAMMIT!

Now that that's out of the way: Holy smokes! Are we actually going to have *gasp* 3D battles on the hand helds? You mean they're actually dumping the old 2D sprites that flailed their arms and bounced? That's a shocker. I mean, it should have happened when the DS first came out, but I'm still surprised. Although, it looks like they also dumped the whole companion Pokemon thing that I thought was neat in HG and SS.

Anywho, I'll be getting these and the new system it comes out on down the road. I'm still waiting for an RPG that's not Colosseum for the Wii, though.

ninjapet wrote:
Well that was fast

The new game info just got released a week or so ago. There already planing a new anime?

Well, Ash only has one gym and the Sinnoh league left. That's more than enough story to hold them over for another 5 months until they're ready to unveil the new season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:27 am Reply with quote
I doubt anything will change. It's probably just Ash and company going on to a new region...
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:33 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

Well, Ash only has one gym and the Sinnoh league left. That's more than enough story to hold them over for another 5 months until they're ready to unveil the new season.

I haven't been keeping up with the anime. I watch it from time to time on CN but I didn't think they where that far in already.

Well I'm going to check out the new series for sure. I mean the new games look pretty epic and all.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:08 am Reply with quote
This is freaking awesome, hopefully the new Pokemon series won't take too long to start airing on Cartoon Network english dubbed.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:36 am Reply with quote
For people that don't know the new sires will be called Pokemon Black and White.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:15 am Reply with quote
Well if it a new Pokemon series I think CN will have it but I hope they still have Brock
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:34 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
For people that don't know the new sires will be called Pokemon Black and White.

But they don't have enough black people in the TV series.... Laughing
uncutpokemon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:37 pm Reply with quote
what a surprise
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

BA DUM TISSH! Cool
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:39 pm Reply with quote
ChocoBar wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

BA DUM TISSH! Cool

Yeah, like that time we played a basketball team called "Chocolate Thunder"............. and they're all white guys, what! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2