• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ikigami: The Ultimate Limit GN 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:11 pm Reply with quote
I looove Ikigami. My favourite arc so far is "The Loveliest Lie." I definitely have to pick up this volume as soon as I can.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quote
This manga looks to be very interesting. I'm gonna pick up 1 and work my way to 4 when I get the chance.
GhstDreamer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
I really enjoy reading and collecting Ikigami but I found this fourth volume to be a bore. I agree with the reviewer that the message is completely lost in the first story and the second story dragged on a little too long.
Prede

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:33 am Reply with quote
This manga is one of my all time favorite series. However that first story in volume 4 (just read it) was probablly the weakest one of the series yet. Mase can...and has done much better then that. Hopeing the second story is better, and he just fell in a rut when he wrote the first one or something. That story felt contrived, overly dramatic, and just not very well written. Like for example spoiler[ what kind of a person would really blame the kids mother and the principal for what happened to him? And go and try and kill them? ]. So NOT like the rest of this series, which is top notch, A+++ material in my eyes. Still even with it's problems that story had it's moments, like spoiler[ the ending scene with the kid defending the teacher, saying his classes were "great"]. So even at it's worst Ikigami is still pretty damn good.

Great review sir.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quote
The thing that rang in my head after reading this volume was "1 in 1,000 people get an Ikigami" Then reading that that the allergic reaction I had to a prescription drug (which almost killed me and left me with permanent eye damage) 3 years ago occurs in "1 in 1,000" people who take that damned drug...*shivers*

1 in 1,000 and I was the one....those are not good odds in the least.

I enjoy this series and hope that it ends with the destruction of the "Social Service Program."

spoiler[That scene with the psychologist and her boyfriend in this volume was quite promising...]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1