• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Cleanup required for Takeshi IMAI (#3852)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote
(reported by wao in 2006)
Takeshi IMAI (今井 剛) contrains credits that belong to three different persons under probably three different names:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
今井 剛 = いまい・つよし = IMAI Tsuyoshi #24571 (editor) (Allcinema with hiragana and >30 credits)
(10 EDICT readings; ANN has lots of 剛 people with varying readings from "Takeshi" to "Tsuyoshi" and "Gou", each with a significant number of persons)
今井 剛 (1995) Ghost in the Shell (movie) : Editing Assistant , Film Editing (SF Movie DataBank, with whitespace in name)
今井 剛 (2003) Kino's Journey (TV) : Editing (D2_STATION)
(move) The current owner of the entry is actually a duplicate of another person already existing in ANN with the same kanji and 18 credits already, i. e. 90% of all editor credits for 今井 剛. Flagged & added, the wrong credits can be hidden.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
今井 武志 = IMAI Takeshi (animator) (Allcinema, no hiragana, only 1 credit...)
(2 EDICT readings "Takeshi" and "Takeyuki"; ANN has 7 武志 people, all are "Takeshi")
今井 武志 (1999) Jubei-chan - Secret of the Lovely Eyepatch (TV) : Key Animation (source: Madhouse.co.jp, unusable; better: inutori bekkan)
今井 武志 (2000) Ah! My Goddess: The Movie : Key Animation (JMDB)
今井 武志 (2000) Boogiepop Phantom (TV) : Key Animation (D2_STATION)
今井 武志 (2000) EX-Driver (OAV) : Animation (source: "credits"; better: D2_STATION)
今井 武志 (2002) Aquarian Age - Sign for Evolution (TV) : Animation Director (D2_STATION)
今井 武志 (2002) Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (TV) : Key Animation (source: "credits"; better: D2_STATION)
_________ (2004) Gantz (TV) : Key Animation (source: "credits"; no good source)
今井 武志 (2005) Black Cat (TV) : Key Animation (source: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/blackcat/, not usable; better: D2_STATION)
今井 武志 (2006) (Le) Chevalier D'Eon (TV) : Key Animation (source: "credits" by wao; better: D2_STATION)
今井 武志 (2006) Red Garden (TV) : Key Animation (source: http://anime.excite.co.jp/redgarden/, not usable; better: D2_STATION)
今井 武志 (2006) Death Note (TV) : Key Animation (D2_STATION)
今井 武志 (2009) Armored Trooper Votoms: Pailsen Files (movie) : Key Animation (livedoor wiki)
(keep) This is the person that should inherit the existing person entry with his kanji name. (He has more than a dozen other anime credits at D2_STATION alone.) His kanji given name needs to be overwritten.
今井 隆 = IMAI Takashi (producer) (Allcinema, no hiragana, 1 credit)
(10 EDICT readings including both "Takashi" and "Takeshi"; ANN has ca. 15 隆 people, all are "Takashi" except for one "Takeshi")
今井 隆 (2004) Kaiketsu Zorori (TV) : Chief Producer (Wikipedia entry of anime)
(new) This is probably a kanji reading error. ANN doesn't have an IMAI Takashi yet so he could simply be created as new person without disambiguation. "今井隆" has 0 hits in livedoor wiki and JMDB so this person may even be a kanji typo; the credit is backed up by shirayuki and D2_STATION though. Therefore I flagged this credit accordingly but didn't create a new person yet. In this state the credit might remain with the animator for the time being.

Last edited by Devil Doll on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:24 am Reply with quote
removed the kanji given name & flagged credits
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1