• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Confirms Dub for Inuyasha: The Final Act

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:08 am Reply with quote
Good to hear this confirmed. Inuyasha is definitely not one of my favorite anime's of all time, but for nostalgia sake I'll be looking forward to hearing everyone back in their roles again.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:28 am Reply with quote
I thought they would have started already. Anyway, this is good news.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:49 am Reply with quote
OMG, I've been just waiting to hear this news. I'm soooo happy they really are going to dub it. I wonder if AS will ever air it? I hope so. Even if they don't though i'll just buy the dvds should/when any come out. (Which probably won't be out for a good long while if its taken this long to hear about the dub...) Really liked the first season (despite how dragged out it was at times) so this is really good news to me Anime hyper
Key

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:12 am Reply with quote
Good! Having Final Act not be dubbed after all 167 episodes of the original series were dubbed would have been wrong.

I am also glad to hear that Kelly Sheridan is back as Sango and hope that means that the rest of the original cast is back, too. For me, Richard Ian Cox so thoroughly was Inuyasha that I had trouble listening to him in any other role and I always vastly preferred Paul Dobson's Myoga to the original performance. (He also did an excellent Naraku, too, but that's a more replaceable role.) Really, I want the whole dub cast back, as I have always felt that it was one of the strongest and most reliable English dubs for its time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:18 am Reply with quote
Even though I don't watch Inuyasha anymore, I wasn't completely surprised that The Final Act is getting dubbed. I would have been more shocked if it wasn't dubbed at all. IMO it really not a matter of it but a of matter of when.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:22 am Reply with quote
Well now that this is confirmed. I'm sure it will add fuel to the speculation that this is Adult Swim's other new anime coming later on this year in September.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:33 am Reply with quote
Take it from a dub-heater: this is one of the better English dubs. Most of the characters fit very well.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:38 am Reply with quote
LuckySeven wrote:
Well now that this is confirmed. I'm sure it will add fuel to the speculation that this is Adult Swim's other new anime coming later on this year in September.
I wonder if it will be done in time.
_V_

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:01 am Reply with quote
Well, it looks like we won't be missing hearing more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qIxhgl3XV8
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:25 am Reply with quote
Finally some good news about anime. Inuyasha was my first anime I really enjoyed every episode.

To be honest, I never ever expected the series to have a final season. Rumiko Takahashi is known to leave several of her series on abrupt endings. Ranma 1/2, Ursei Yatsura, and then Inuyasha.

But Richand Ian Cox is fantastic actor. I first heard his voice Ranma 1/2 and have enjoyed his voice since then. I'll definitely pick this series up. For me, only way to watch this series is in a English and nothing else.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:50 am Reply with quote
Of course Viz is going to dub this series. It's just stupid to dub Inuyasha but not dub the Final Act. =/
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:10 am Reply with quote
YAY YAY YAY YAY
I personally prefer Kappei Yamaguchi to Cox, but its always nice to have the option of inuyasha's dub on the DVDs! Very Happy
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:
I thought they would have started already. Anyway, this is good news.

It was her first day back, that doesn't mean it was the first day of recording. Wink It's very possible (and likely) that others have already started. For all we know she could have been the last one.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
Of course Viz is going to dub this series. It's just stupid to dub Inuyasha but not dub the Final Act. =/

That's what everyone thought about Lucky Star and the OVA.

Also, lets not forget Gurren Laggan and the Movies. Everyone expected those to be dubbed to, but alas, it my despair escapes me.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Anime Remix wrote:

That's what everyone thought about Lucky Star and the OVA.

Also, lets not forget Gurren Laggan and the Movies. Everyone expected those to be dubbed to, but alas, it my despair escapes me.

Vis is different. I'm 100% sure that Viz and FUNimation would NEVER do something like that (Unless something big happens that force them to do it). I don't understand why they didn't dub that OVA and I have no comment for the Gurren Laggan movies...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4