• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Emi TSUNO (#47062)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Emi TSUNO (角野 江美) is most likely more than one person:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
角野 江美 = KADONO Emi #55063 (17 credits for Color/Finish)
(4 EDICT readings for 角野 = Kakuno, Kadono, Sumino, Tsuno; ANN has one more 角野 person = Eiko Kadono, the original author for Kiki's Delivery Service)
角野 江美 (2005) Peach Girl (TV) : Digital Paint (D2_STATION)
________ (2005) (The) Prince of Tennis: Two Samurais, The First Game (movie) : Digital Paint ("credits translated in fansub")
角野 江美 (2007) Detective Conan: Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure (movie 11) : Digital Paint (Wish) (koware.net)
________ (2010) Darker than Black - Kuro no Keiyakusha: Gaiden (OAV) : Finish Animation ("ending credits")
(error) Albeit not absolutely sure about the reading, these credits belong to the same person who earned 17 credits under the name of KADONO Emi already.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
築野 絵美 = TSUNO Emi
(2 EDICT readings for 築野 = Tsukuno, Tsuno; ANN has no 築野 person yet)
築野 絵美 (2006) Gedo Senki (movie): unnamed cast role (http://www.ghibli-freak.net/ged/cast.html)
(keep) Albeit not sure about the reading (e. g. no Wikipedia page), this should be the person to own this entry, and as such get the kanji name for this entry which is currently blocked by the KADONO Emi duplicate above.

To do: Flag & Add all Paint credits to KADONO Emi (I'd like to get an "okay" by an encyclopedist for this first).

Next step would then be to hide the paint credits and the kanji name, leaving the #47062 person with the one cast credit and the kanji name of 築野 絵美.

Last edited by Devil Doll on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:

To do: Flag & Add all Paint credits to KADONO Emi (I'd like to get an "okay" by an encyclopedist for this first).

"Tsuno" doesn't appear to be a common reading of this kanji (out of six notable people on Japanese Wikipedia with readings, 4 are "Kadono" and 2 are "Kakuno"), and none of the current entries are from a source that give a romanization or yomigana. Go ahead and add them to Emi Kadono for consistency.

It could be that "Emi Kadono" is incorrect too, though. Official R1 credits for Suzuka at least have her as "Emi Kakuno" for the episode (4) I checked on FUNimation's video player. Could be a one-time error, but I am curious what is common for her in officially translated credits.

Devil Doll wrote:
Next step would then be to hide the paint credits and the kanji name, leaving the #47062 person with the one cast credit and the kanji name of 築野 絵美.

There is a member of the Bungakuza theatrical company (so, an actress, and likely the same person) with the exact same kanji, and the URL indicates her family name is rather "Chikuno", so "Tsuno" is probably not correct for this person either.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:39 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Go ahead and add them to Emi Kadono for consistency.
4 credits flagged & added, the credits for Emi Tsuno can now be hidden to make Emi TSUNO no longer be a split candidate.

EmperorBrandon wrote:
There is a member of the Bungakuza theatrical company (so, an actress, and likely the same person) with the exact same kanji, and the URL indicates her family name is rather "Chikuno", so "Tsuno" is probably not correct for this person either.
So would it be better to create a new "Emi CHIKUNO" person right away and move this seiyuu credit as well? (The main idea would be to make the name 築野 絵美 available for kanji contribution, and they certainly apply for the Gedo Senki person regardless of their actual name.)
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:
So would it be better to create a new "Emi CHIKUNO" person right away and move this seiyuu credit as well? (The main idea would be to make the name 築野 絵美 available for kanji contribution, and they certainly apply for the Gedo Senki person regardless of their actual name.)

Yes. I have gone ahead and done it.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Thanks. Thread topic changed to "[done]".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1