• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Split required for Ayumi SATO (#40455)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Ayumi SATO (佐藤 あゆみ) is 4 persons:

(the first >100 佐藤 persons at ANN are all SATO or SATOU but SATO isn't one of the 8 valid EDICT readings)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
佐藤 あゆみ = SATOU Ayumi (casting coordinator, Ghibli) (JMDB)
佐藤 あゆみ (2002) (The) Cat Returns (movie) : Casting Coordination ("DVD credits"; better: JMDB)
佐藤 あゆみ (2004) Howl's Moving Castle (movie) : Casting (JMDB)
佐藤 あゆみ (2006) Gedo Senki (movie) : Casting (http://www.ghibli-freak.net/ged/staff.html)
(keep) This is the current owner of this entry. (The Wikipedia page for this name belongs to a talent born in 1986.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
佐藤 亜由美 = SATOU Ayumi (planning, Media Factory)
(3 EDICT readings for 亜由美 = Ayumi, Ayoshimi, Mayumi; ANN has 5 亜由美 persons, all "Ayumi")
佐藤 亜由美 (2006) (The) Familiar of Zero (TV) : 企画協力 = planning cooperation (Media Factory) (shirayuki)
(split) This is a different person that needs to be split off. 3 hits in livedoor wiki for the three seasons of Zero no Tsukaima.
佐藤 あゆ美 = SATOU Ayumi (animator, Snowlight Staff)
(1 EDICT reading for あゆ美 = Ayumi; ANN has 2 あゆ美 persons, both "Ayumi")
佐藤 あゆ美 (2009) Before Green Gables (TV) : In-Between Animation (Snowlight Staff) (livedoor wiki)
(split) A new person with only one hit at livedoor wiki so far.
佐藤 歩 = SATOU Ayumi/Ayumu? (background artist, GREEN)
(8 EDICT readings for 歩 = Ato, Ayu, Ayumi, Ayumu, Aruku, Anpo, O, Susumu; ANN has 21 歩 persons: 9 "Ayumi", 11 "Ayumu", 1 "Susumu" with no source for the kanji. Note that the Wikipedia entry with these kanji belongs to a fashion designer named SATOU Ayumu.)
佐藤 歩 (2006) Hell Girl Two Mirrors (TV) : Background Art (http://www.jigokushoujo.com/story.html, unusable; better: D2_STATION crediting GREEN for background art)
佐藤 歩 (2008) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 (TV) : Background Art (GREEN) (D2_STATION)
佐藤 歩 (2009) CANAAN (TV) : Background Art (GREEN) (livedoor wiki)
佐藤 歩 (2009) (The) Sacred Blacksmith (TV) : Background Art (GREEN) (livedoor wiki)
(unclear name) 4 hits in livedoor wiki but the reading of the name is almost a coin toss. Which is a pity as this person appears to have the most credits and even the most recent ones, i. e. a candidate for getting more credits in the future. ANN has no SATO[U] Ayumu yet but a 斎藤 歩 = SAITÔ Ayumu live action cast person. (I wonder how many "Ayumi" were contributed for 歩 just because they considered "Ayumu" a typo?)

Last edited by Devil Doll on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:08 am Reply with quote
This could be a normal split request (into 4 persons) if we had a name for the background artist.

It would also be possible to split out the three known persons into new "Satou" persons and leave the background artist as "Sato" for the time being in order not to have to guess her name.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:
This could be a normal split request (into 4 persons) if we had a name for the background artist.

There's really no telling if it's "Ayumi" or "Ayumu" without official confirmation, so best just to leave it as is now and use Ayumi Satō as the base name for all of these split requests. If this person ends up being confirmed as "Ayumu" later then that can be corrected.

The background artist just recently got a more important task, being an art director in The World God Only Knows.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Thread subject changed accordingly.
386sky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:16 am Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:

佐藤 あゆみ = SATOU Ayumi (casting coordinator, Ghibli) (JMDB)
佐藤 あゆみ (2002) (The) Cat Returns (movie) : Casting Coordination ("DVD credits"; better: JMDB)
佐藤 あゆみ (2004) Howl's Moving Castle (movie) : Casting (JMDB)
佐藤 あゆみ (2006) Gedo Senki (movie) : Casting (http://www.ghibli-freak.net/ged/staff.html)
(keep) This is the current owner of this entry. (The Wikipedia page for this name belongs to a talent born in 1986.)

JMBD article has been removed.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1