• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Split: Hiroaki HIRATA (#917)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:46 am Reply with quote
Hiroaki HIRATA (平田 広明) has 90 cast credits but also the following staff credits:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
平田 広明 = HIRATA Hiroaki (seiyuu)
_________ (2002) Anime Tenchou (OAV) : Theme Song Performance (no source)
_________ (2007) Saiyuki Reload: Burial (OAV) : Theme Song Performance (ED) (http://www.animate-shop.jp/webshop70/commodity_param/ctc/cd/shc/0/cmc/4057753, redirected to domain root)
(keep) This appears to be the current owner of the entry as he has cast roles in both animes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
平田 浩章 = HIRATA Hiroaki (background artist)
(2 ENAMDICT readings for 浩章 = Hiroaki, Hiroyuki; ANN has 4 浩章 persons, all "Hiroaki";
ANN doesn't have a HIRATA Hiroyuki, i. e. no one here ever tried to read the name this other way)
_________ (2006) Fullmetal Alchemist: Chibi Party (OAV) : Background Scan ("Ending Credits Translated"; no source found)
平田 浩章 (2007) Dojin Work (TV) : 背景スキャン (Wikipedia (1st version of this page))
平田 浩章 (2007) Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (TV) : Background Scan (D2_STATION)
平田 浩章 (2008) Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season (TV) : Background Scan (D2_STATION)
平田 浩章 (2009) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (TV) : Background Scan (livedoor wiki)
平田 浩章 (2009) Sora no Manimani (TV) : Background Scan (livedoor wiki)
平田 浩章 (2009) Yumeiro Pâtissière (TV) : Background Scan (livedoor wiki)
(split) This is a different person to be split off.

Last edited by Devil Doll on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:53 am Reply with quote
I'm 99% sure that the two music roles are correct. All of the music I've heard from Anime Tenchou are done by the Saiyuki and Weiss Kreuz casts, and the Saiyuki song in question, IIRC, is also by the cast.

I have a friend who probably has the actual CDs (or scans of them), so when I see her online next, I'll ask if she has those to confirm them, though.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:06 pm Reply with quote
split: seiyuu / background artist

Not sure about the Agent Aika credit though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Agent Aika credits: 平田 浩章 (D2_STATION); same kanji as the background artist. (The different task and the time gap look awkward nonetheless.)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:41 pm Reply with quote
It is almost certainly someone who has the same name (or a mispelling of someone with a similar name)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Agent Aika episode 7 ED credits (25:15):

(so at least the kanji are confirmed)
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:38 am Reply with quote
The kanji were not in question. Simply the fact that Production Desk is a *very* unlikely task for a BG artist. But actually now that I look at it again, the other tasks are Background Scan. If he just scanned the artwork that means he's not really a BG artist, and it's more in line with Production Desk work...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Begs the question as to what, actually, a Production Desk does?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:51 pm Reply with quote
watch Animation Runner Kuromi Wink
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote
Would have liked to but it was blocked in the UK...
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Begs the question as to what, actually, a Production Desk does?

From Jan Scott-Frasier's Various Positions in the Anime Industry:

Quote:
Production
(Seisaku)

Production Manager
(Seisakubuchou)

Production Controller
(Seisakudesuku)

Production Assistant
(Seisakushinkou)

The seisaku department manages the show through the production process. The production workers monitor every sheet of paper, every cel, every pixel, every drop of paint, every script book that the assistant directors lose, every time that the key animators miss a production meeting because they are asleep or eating at the filthy little noodle shop next door (or both) and so on. This is a very hard department to work in. The phones ring constantly and it seems like everyone who can steal even a minute of extra time to do their work is doing it, so the production workers must be polite but firm.

Most production workers work 14 hour days and often weekends and holidays when the schedule is really tight. They also have to spend a lot of time travelling, driving around the city to pick things up or drop them off or to go to meetings. When the rest of the staff is celebrating the end of the production, the production staff is already working on the next show. The reward of this position is that you can look at a show that you managed and think, "That couldn't have been done without me!"
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:40 am Reply with quote
In that case, I would have thought background scan would be done either within the background department, especially since the backgrounds are usually outsourced - a couple of the credits specifies that he was working for Kusunagi - you would think it easier for the backgrounds to be scanned there and delivered electronically, and even if the BGs are hand drawn I would also expect post-scanning processing to be done by the BG company.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1