• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Steins;Gate Game Gets TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:10 am Reply with quote
Character design seems really attractive. A lot of new announcements.
ANN's new design got me lost. I hope I get used to it soon.
scchan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:37 am Reply with quote
The original game is well critically acclaimed in Japan - considering Xbox 360 do not do very well in Japan relative to other consoles. I like the character designs as well and I have read synopsis of the original game - the story is a mix of modern anime mix with traditional hard Sci-Fi.

This is worth looking forward to.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:55 am Reply with quote
I'm watching it. Am I a bad viewer for instantly getting hooked by the word "suspense"? Crying or Very sad
garfield15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:05 am Reply with quote
^^You are not. It got me too.

I saw the picture and was like "Whoa that looks interesting." Then I saw "Chaos;Head".......

Maybe the PV will be interesting.
s.alsa-man1991

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quote
At first, Chaos;Head wanted to be the secret love child of Lain and Higurashi, with an added element of harem. Then, giant swords appeared. Ok, I can deal with the swords...but the ending...oh Lord, that ending was atrocious. The mother of all Deus Ex Machina.

So, I'm gonna pass on this one.
Splitter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:50 am Reply with quote
I learned my lesson from Chaos;Head. Granted, if by some miracle, it proves to be good in full, I'll watch it.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:30 am Reply with quote
Hopefully Madhouse isn't animating this, since they did thoughtlessly rape Chaos;Head... I hope this turns out well. Also, with the release of the Steins;Gate PC port coming out in about a month, maybe some nice people will create an English patch for the game... When I played Chaos;Head then watched the anime to compare I was very horrified at the changes.

egoist wrote:
Character design seems really attractive.

Are you serious? I actually don't find blotched hair/eyes/creepy smiles appealing at all. Also, all those pale skins make me Shocked But maybe that's just me... For reference you could check out pictures of the original game here: http://vndb.org/v2002
sepherest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm totally okay with more animated adaptations of Nitroplus material but I just hope it turns out good this time. Looking forward to Nitro+Chiral's Togainu No Chi anime version as well.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I would have referred Muramasa, but I guess this is also alright.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
egoist wrote:

Are you serious? I actually don't find blotched hair/eyes/creepy smiles appealing at all. Also, all those pale skins make me Shocked But maybe that's just me... For reference you could check out pictures of the original game here: http://vndb.org/v2002

I gotta say, that linked image doesn't look all that attractive, and for the most part, the blank eyes and emotionless faces are pretty much the same between images. But I'll take the huke designs over those any day.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Just when I was wondering if huke was involved in something other than creation of designs for Black Rock Shooter. And this indeed answers my questions, I'm glad he is building on the success of his artwork by not focusing on just one thing (BRS) and that it is well appreciated enough that he's branching out into other projects.
magicalgirlj

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
again not suprised every 5Pb bishoujo game always gets an anime. I would not be suprsed if WLO by Akabei soft2 got an anime next. Hopefully Steins Gate will be better than Cahos Head
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:56 pm Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
egoist wrote:

Oh, yes, dead serious. I like whiteness, specially in girls. Perhaps that's why I liked Black Rock Shooter's designs so much.
Likable unique character design? Count me in, of course. I'm loving Shiki's so far, and I bet I'll love this one as well.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh hell yeah, definitely looking forward to this. I've read the plot summaries for the game and I'm fairly pleased with it.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:41 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Oh, yes, dead serious. I like whiteness, specially in girls.
So does that mean you don't like her? Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2