• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: K-On! Manga's Last Installment Listed for September

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msgundam2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote
(crossing fingers) K-On! The collage years.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Of course it will continue. K-ON! is too much of a money printer to be allowed to be permanently over.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, there's a lot of ways a sequel/spinoff could play out.

Such as spoiler[Azunyan, Jun (who already promised to join), Ui, and some other girl continuing the Light Music club.]
relentlessflame

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:23 pm Reply with quote
This makes sense when you consider the timing of the anime as well; both the manga and the anime will end next month, and it's likely both will end at the same point. (i.e. They probably planned this all along.) I think it's certainly possible that the author may choose to continue the franchise in a sequel (as other have said, there are some rather obvious ways to do this), but there's also the idea of "leaving on a high note" which has its place as well. Obviously, we'll see, but it's clear that, even if the manga ends, the merchandising will continue for some time.

Edit: This also helps explain why they would do a two-cour season now. If the manga is going to end, you're better off striking while the iron is hot.
alexcampos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:30 am Reply with quote
Well if the story will continue without Mio, Yui, Ritsu, and Mugi, I want no part of it.

I've always thought that spin-offs are the worst thing you can do, I'm very sad that the manga is coming to an end.
Sorce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:17 am Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
Of course it will continue. K-ON! is too much of a money printer to be allowed to be permanently over.
At this point though, they don't need the manga/anime to make a multitude of merchandise of all kinds. The fans will buy it anyway.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:18 am Reply with quote
I dont know how a 4 panel manga is going to end but its a shame that its ending
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:46 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
I don't know how a 4 panel manga is going to end but its a shame that its ending

If it's like Azumanga, it'll end with them graduating.

As for a spinoff, like alexcampos said, if the big 4 aren't there, I couldn't care less. Azusa can't sing, Ui is there for the "aww" moments, and who the hell cares about Jun?

Lastly, yes, I think this last manga might set up a third season for K-ON.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:01 pm Reply with quote
msgundam2 wrote:
(crossing fingers) K-On! The collage years.

It will probably end similar to Azumanga. The characters will graduate and that is that.

This has happened to several series (Kujibiki Unbalance, Love Roma, Psychic Academy, and so on and so foruth.)
GMSenpai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully with the last manga installment on the way, we might be seeing the manga making its way over here. That way they can release it all at once.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:02 pm Reply with quote
GMSenpai wrote:
Hopefully with the last manga installment on the way, we might be seeing the manga making its way over here. That way they can release it all at once.

It's already been signed by Yen Press. The date for the manga hasn't been decided yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omnistry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote
At last "K-On!" is dying a slow and painful death. The anime was one of the worst series I've ever watched. If I wanted to watch a show about a music club that only sits around eating sweets...on second thought there's no good show out there with a premise like that!

I'm going back to watching "BECK," a show about a newly-formed band that got it right!
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:39 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
At last "K-On!" is dying a slow and painful death. The anime was one of the worst series I've ever watched. If I wanted to watch a show about a music club that only sits around eating sweets...on second thought there's no good show out there with a premise like that!

I'm going back to watching "BECK," a show about a newly-formed band that got it right!

Well, you know what? At least K-ON didn't have to cuss every 5 minutes to get a good show in. You wanna say that it's one of the worst shows you've ever seen? Apparently, you haven't seen Negima, Mitsudomoe, and Kiss X Sis. K-ON is WAY better than those shows, and it didn't even have to show a pair of -- *remembers the first performance episode* --,,,,,,,bras to get otaku viewers. And what do you mean "a slow and painful death"? If anything, it will go out in style and fans of K-ON and music alike will be asking for more in due time.

Rant over.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:42 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
At last "K-On!" is dying a slow and painful death.

I entirely agree with you.
omnistry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:45 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
omnistry wrote:

Well, you know what? At least K-ON didn't have to cuss every 5 minutes to get a good show in. You wanna say that it's one of the worst shows you've ever seen? Apparently, you haven't seen Negima, Mitsudomoe, and Kiss X Sis. K-ON is WAY better than those shows, and it didn't even have to show a pair of -- *remembers the first performance episode* --,,,,,,,bras to get otaku viewers. And what do you mean "a slow and painful death"? If anything, it will go out in style and fans of K-ON and music alike will be asking for more in due time.

Rant over.

"Negima" was meh, but "Kiss X Sis" was perhaps the worst piece of garbage to ever be made. (Same goes for "Akikan!," whose premise was so psychotically dumb that the creator of the show should've been locked away in a mental institution for even conjuring it.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2