• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rock on with K-ON!

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I know that I'm going to miss this show when it ends. If it's anything like the end of episode 20, I may actually find myself crying when the girls graduate.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:47 am Reply with quote
So the story is comeing to a close, I remember my last couple of days in Highschool, nothing really to do but wait to the end, knowing that though it was hard along the way, you will miss it so. Well at least most of them will still be with each other afterwards, I think the sad parts in many "graduations" in anime is that the characters seperate afterwards. I am reminded about how I felt when I watched Azumanga Daioh, I honestly cried with it's graduation, I wonder if this one will have simular feelings in me.

Watching a show you have been watching for a while to come to an end can be hard, but it also completes the piece, I think K-ON! is ready for graduation.
Gentry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Is it ending after this series for certain? I assumed that being as spoiler[they're all going on to the same college] that maybe it would continue further be it via OVA's or even another series.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Final Episode!!! It's graduation day so the end of Yui's and the gang's high school careers is here. In a way, I'm glad this episode wasn't totally a BAWWWWW fest. It gave enough feeling that they'll be on their way for the next step of their lives. Of course Azusa couldn't hold her tears for long, but even she has to realize that she must move on.

On the plus side, we got a new song!!!! And they're sung by all 4 members. Not to mention, the animation quality got one heck of a boost.

Ohhhh, and we're not done yet because new episode this coming week. It seems like it's Azusa's turn now to get more members for the light music club.
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Just watched episode 25... If you haven't seen it yet do it now. NOW!!! While overall the episode is pretty good and quite funny there is this one joke, the trailer... it's a killer! The keen understanding of american trailers made this parody an absolute epic, and the narrator's voice of the final spoiler["THE keion-bu"] line sent me rolling on the floor laughing. Pure genius.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Episode 25, dammit I should have know trailers are full of lies!!!

Granted I've really, really enjoyed this episode. Just seeing the girls going through the working process of coming up and filming a club promo hit home for me considering I've seen my sister doing similar works.

And Azu-nyan's cat ears are back! And Ritsu proves she can empty out any man's nutbladder! Embarassed

Hentai_JP wrote:
... there is this one joke, the trailer... it's a killer! The keen understanding of american trailers made this parody an absolute epic, and the narrator's voice of the final spoiler["THE keion-bu"] line sent me rolling on the floor laughing. Pure genius.

THIS!!! Hell, Bandai could use that in their promos! Surprised
mrcuteguy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Why no ep 26 ?

Haha was late but i recently finished watching this anime. Very satisfying til the end !!! Got to say this anime is really funny (from start-mid-end), may not be a likable to all since its kiddy, but it does bring back memories of old school time to me.

Not to mention some of the songs are pretty nice considering that the voice actor actually sang on it.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:35 am Reply with quote
Soooo, has anyone checked out the English dubbed trailer of K-ON!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2a_HkdowaY

Yui's voice sound appropriately cute yet pretty subdued. I need to hear her more ditsy nature to really get a good feel for her. Ritsu's voice sound pretty natural if I say so myself.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:26 am Reply with quote
Whoa. It's good. The Bandai dub is better than the Red Angel Media dub on Animax Asia.
kiddtic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:09 am Reply with quote
The bandai Dub is good i like it so far. For the very first time ever (man I never thought id say this) The squeaky cute little girl voice is appropriate.

I know they wanna make money but 4 eps per release Why?? no one does that anymore. I would gladly pay an extra $15 for 6 eps, thats 2 releases for the entire season. I dont know I just think it will work better what do you guys think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 27!!!

Yui and the gang are making preparations on going overseas after graduation.

...wait, wait! Could THIS be a prelude of what's going to be the plot in the upcoming movie?! I would SO approve of this especially if it's them going to the U.S. where more hilarity and bad Engrish will ensue!
kiddtic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:28 pm Reply with quote
I saw episode 27 too it was pretty funny, but the thing I noticed the most or that "changed" for me personally was the fact that they werent in their uniforms and they looked "attractive" hehe. Thats is how they are going to be in the next season to come (if they adapt the college manga into an anime)

Im not too big on the whole lets move to another country, If they do decide to with that plot then it better be good. Although I heard somewhere that the movie is going to be with them wile they where still in high school and not a continuation as such. Dont know if thats true though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:31 pm Reply with quote
My copy of the K-ON! vol. 1 DVD arrived yesterday. Extras included an interview with one of the English-dub voice actresses, with typical questions on the lines of "What do you have in common with the character you play?" phrased several different ways. I usually think of text-free openings and closings as a lazy company's version of extras, but this time I wish there was a text-free closing included. It would have been an entertaining video, if only there weren't so much text! There was a romaji transcription of the song along the top, an English translation along the bottom, English translated credits in the middle, and, somewhere behind all that, a rather fantastic video. I'll have to try it with the subtitles turned off.

((I do so, and find that the sub- and super- titles disappear, but the credits remain, still covering up the characters' faces at times.))
amagee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:49 am Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:

There was a romaji transcription of the song along the top, an English translation along the bottom, English translated credits in the middle, and, somewhere behind all that, a rather fantastic video.

Wait so the subtitles provide romanji and english for the opener and closer? If this is so, it'd be the first time I've ever seen something like that in an anime.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Yes, both romaji and English for both opening and closing for every episode. It's much more usual to alternate romaji and English from episode to episode, and these days streams sometimes avoid subtitling opening and closing at all. Now I'm wracking my brain, trying to remember if there are any R1 DVD releases that had a kanji & kana subtitle line for songs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 21