• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Golden Boy's Egawa Draws Manga for New God of War Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusui

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Calling it now: Tokyopop will release this in the U.S. sometime in the next five years, none of the character names will be right, and everybody will speak in a weird hybrid of English and Japanese.
Xman6699

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:
Calling it now: Tokyopop will release this in the U.S. sometime in the next five years, none of the character names will be right, and everybody will speak in a weird hybrid of English and Japanese.

^
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:

I doubt that (unless you are making a sarcasm, it's not funny). However, I do see Sony and Sony Santa Monica probably coming up with a God of War anime anthology if they were inspired by this.

Why Golden Boy mangaka to draw this up? Couldn't they have gotten Saint Seiya creator to draw that just like he did for the Clash of the Titans, I imagine Kratos (well I don't mind Egawa draw Kratos that way), but I like to see how Kurumada would draw Kratos.

BTW, this isn't the only Sony character to get a manga art. I remember Ratchet & Clank got their own manga (picture below) in Japan, it was never release in US.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:

I think I'd like it best if they first translated it into Homeric Greek, and then into English. But then, I was fond of the Xena fanfiction centered on the obsolete letter "digamma", and haven't yet gotten around to playing any of the God of War games.
The American Average

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:02 pm Reply with quote
...yawn. Arrow
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Egawa drawing a comic for 'God of War'? That's really odd. Will there be sloppy sex scenes?

Well, at least he'll get to draw some crazy monsters. It's right up his alley. Can't wait to see it.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Wow... the creator of Goldenboy working on God of War? Wow. Yeah. That is an interesting combination.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1