• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Posts Marketing & Production Jobs, Tokyopop Lists Internships

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Count

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Ohhh man! Will this mean I will have Viz DVD's where the subtitles aren't complete shit. Maybe we'll get someone who will use current tech, and not the tech anime companies were using over ten years ago.

Of coarse none of my bitching matters since I won't be seeing Monster on DVD if Viz has its way.
RoverTX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:50 pm Reply with quote
to keep going with the DVD issues, its just not Viz, funimation at one point was even pretty horrible. My copy of xxxHolic from funny is pretty terrible, and unless thats just because they had a terrible master, I bet I could make a better looking DVD from the master using open source programs..... Then again major motion pictures have done this too.... I really don't get what the big problem is, and where quality control goes during these instances. cough Birdy cough.....

Edit: Minus all the DVD protections and encryption of course

Last edited by RoverTX on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quote
RoverTX wrote:
I really don't get what the big problem is, and where quality control goes during these instances. cough Birdy cough.....

Well at least that gives me time to save-up money in order to buy it. Regarding the article, I'm a little lost. Was this suppose to be that major announcement Viz was talking about last week on their twitter? I mean I can understand this news being good for someone currently unemployed and all.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:21 pm Reply with quote
In all seriousness, internships like this go great on resumes, even if it's only a couple of weeks or months. I've read stories of internships turning into real jobs that pay and have benefits.

It's a great opportunity and while it is unpaid, you might be able to connect with others and depending on where the chips fall, they might tell you if there is an opening at their company that is full or part time that is paid.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Can a high school student apply for Tokyopop's internship?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1