• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Web Knight Carnival! Game's Anime Promo Video Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pippin4242

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:03 am Reply with quote
I think... I'm offended as a woman AND as an Englishwoman. Congratulations, Japan, you made me feel a tiny spark of patriotism. That's usually like squeezing blood from a stone in my country.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:05 am Reply with quote
How does Guinevere play into all this?
ssjokg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:24 am Reply with quote
Pippin4242 wrote:
I think... I'm offended as a woman AND as an Englishwoman. Congratulations, Japan, you made me feel a tiny spark of patriotism. That's usually like squeezing blood from a stone in my country.

So it's fine as long as they dont use your country's stories/legends?
I am from Greece and both American studios and the anime industry have mostly destroyed our heroes and legends.But I dont complain about it.If you dont like something stay away from it just like I do.

And everybody knows it's Arturia and not Arthur.jk XDXDXD
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:29 am Reply with quote
Quote:
[Although the video contains no explicit nudity, it may be NSFW for some environments.]

It's too late, the thumbnail has underboob in it!
Pippin4242

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:40 am Reply with quote
ssjokg wrote:
Pippin4242 wrote:

So it's fine as long as they don't use your country's stories/legends?

What? How could I take it personally when Greek legends are bastardized?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:46 am Reply with quote
I'm just waiting for the anime where U.S. Civil War leaders are re-imagined as bishounen, or the founding fathers are re-imagined as cute young girls.

At least Japan is an equal opportunity re-imagineer; they have no problem with doing the same with their own historical figures.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:16 am Reply with quote
I swear the forum told me mine was the first post. Would've tackled this sooner had I seen it.
Pippin4242 wrote:
Arthur and pals were Britons - the whole point is that they fought the English(which is part of the reason the myth became so popular among the ruling Normans). So hold your patriotism until we see what they do your people.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:27 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
I'm just waiting for the anime where U.S. Civil War leaders are re-imagined as bishounen, or the founding fathers are re-imagined as cute young girls.

I can already hear the cry going up again: "Two bombs weren't enough."
Pippin4242

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:36 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
I swear the forum told me mine was the first post. Would've tackled this sooner had I seen it.
Pippin4242 wrote:
Arthur and pals were Britons - the whole point is that they fought the English(which is part of the reason the myth became so popular among the ruling Normans). So hold your patriotism until we see what they do your people.

I'm half-Irish and lived in Wales for four years. I hold a UK passport. I live ten miles from the strongest contender to the Holy Thorn legend. I think I have my bases covered here.
ssjokg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quote
Pippin4242 wrote:
ssjokg wrote:
Pippin4242 wrote:

So it's fine as long as they don't use your country's stories/legends?

What? How could I take it personally when Greek legends are bastardized?

That was about myself.Just like I dont care what they do with our legends you shouldnt care about yours.
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:14 am Reply with quote
This does not surprise me at all, given the success of the Queen's Blade franchise and the fact the Japanese have created "moe" anthropomorphic versions of computer operating systems and even Android phones....
4nBlue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
How does Guinevere play into all this?

I played only few hours of the original game before deciding that it's terrible garbage, no matter how good the art was, so I don't know what happened to him in long run. In the parts I played, he was just a comic relief snobby prince (yes, he was gender swapped too) who was betrothed to both Arthur and Lancelot (though he could only marry one of them) due to plot stuff. Enter Caledfwlch (protagonist, god of war, who was sealed as a sword after some epic womanizing back in the age of gods) and all Guinevere does is get overwhelmed in duals and have his fiancees ****ed by Caledfwlch.

Polycell wrote:
Pippin4242 wrote:

Based on the promo, no new character has been added for this web game. All of the central characters can be viewed on the original games website (it's a eroge's homepage, so there will of course be NSFW stuff if you click the wrong button, though character pages should rather safe expect for some very skimpy outfits).

Sacto0562 wrote:
This does not surprise me at all, given the success of the Queen's Blade franchise and the fact the Japanese have created "moe" anthropomorphic versions of computer operating systems and even Android phones....

These gender swap games have kind of cemented their place as a very common genre of eroge after Koihime Musou, and currently there is no end in sight for them.

Actually on friday Eiyuu Senki (NSFW) is being released. From what I understand it has over 50 historical and legendary figures reimagined as females and of course ****able.

See this clip for the not dirty elements of the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZeqWVn0cjQ
dragon695

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Online game re-imagines Arthurian knights as "bishōjo sexy princess knights"

I think that Fr. Jack sums it up best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R89oERKCaU

Also, for it to be truly entertaining, the womens' breasts should be subjected to being lopped off when they take chest damage during battle. Maybe seeing that would put some sense into this historical re-imagining by stupid otaku.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
At least Japan is an equal opportunity re-imagineer; they have no problem with doing the same with their own historical figures.

Exactly, there are no sacred cows, which is a good thing.

dragon695 wrote:
Quote:
Online game re-imagines Arthurian knights as "bishōjo sexy princess knights"

I think that Fr. Jack sums it up best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R89oERKCaU

Also, for it to be truly entertaining, the womens' breasts should be subjected to being lopped off when they take chest damage during battle. Maybe seeing that would put some sense into this historical re-imagining by stupid otaku.

Hypocrisy much?
dragon695 wrote:
Why can't we have something historical , super natural, or even fantasy WITH explicit yaoi?
zaldar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:27 am Reply with quote
so do they bring in mordred might be interesting if they kept the story mostly the same and just changed the sexes but of course that isn't possible. So who do you play in this actually or do you play all of them...as an online game don't see how that can happen.

Actually that brings up a good point have their been other online games of historical/mythological stuff, and has anyone written a version of the Arthurian legend with gender swap as a way of exploring gender roles and such?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2