• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Reminder: Read or Die OVA on Cartoon Network, Tonight.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biliano*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:25 pm Reply with quote
My VCR is set, so I'm ready Laughing Exclamation

Also, I discovered that CN moved Gundam SEED to Friday nights at 1:00 AM Eastern Time, so it won't be on hiatus as previously reported.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:09 pm Reply with quote
What time might it be on?

Inquiring minds want to know......
Dr.Doom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:32 pm Reply with quote
In a word...Midnight
Leigh Garbs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:51 pm Reply with quote
According to Cartoon Network's website, it's on a 2 am in the central time zone, which is where I am, 1 am in the mountain time zone, and midnight in the other two.
xSousukeSpikeAmonx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Well I watched Gundam Seed last night at midnight Central Time....Yes I am sure I live in that time zone. Also they played episode 27. I thought that they were only going to episode 26 "Meteor". I have known about Seed being on Firday night/ Saturday morning, but CN and either on animenewsnetworkl.com or animeondvd.com I read that they only had the first 26 episodes. Also, supposedly when Seed was to run in its new time slot they were going to play episodes 1 through 26 only. My guess is that CN said that to see how many true Seed fans would still watch it and as a gift for those that did they would show episode 27, or they are going to show all the episodes.
Anyways, I am kind of excited about CN putting R.O.D. the OVA on AS, but i hoped they would have gotten the tv series because it is also good. Sad to say though G4techtv has the tv series along with many other Genoen titles. Makes you wonder doesn't it??
emory

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Leigh Garbs wrote:
According to Cartoon Network's website, it's on a 2 am in the central time zone, which is where I am, 1 am in the mountain time zone, and midnight in the other two.

2 AM is the encore. It's on at 11 PM in the central time zone. It's on after The Venture Brothers.
biliano*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Out of all of the Geneon-licensed titles TechTV airs, only 4 of them are watchable: Last Exile, R.O.D., Dual!, and Lain. The rest of them are pure garbage, with SoulTaker and Gungrave the worst shows. With the premier of Gad Guard on November 8, the number of watchable titles on Tech TV will rise to 5.
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:18 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
Out of all of the Geneon-licensed titles TechTV airs, only 4 of them are watchable: Last Exile, R.O.D., Dual!, and Lain. The rest of them are pure garbage, with SoulTaker and Gungrave the worst shows. With the premier of Gad Guard on November 8, the number of watchable titles on Tech TV will rise to 5.

Good to know I'm not the only one who thought Gungrave was awful, Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ChrisBeveridge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:27 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:

Did you watch past the first episode of Gungrave? If not, then you're missing one of the best mafia-rise kind of shows out there. The first episode did that crappy kind of hook to give you the character from the video game setting, which takes place around episode 19 or so. The series after episode one goes back and tells a proper story from the beginning and is a great mafia style piece. The same kind of reaction happened when it aired in Japan as well. Got a lot of bad press cause of the first episode but those who stuck it out couldn't stop raving about it.
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:43 pm Reply with quote
It goes to 2 AM EST here. I might not be able to watch it, I am so tired right now, so I set it to record with my TiVO-ish system.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
biliano*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:13 pm Reply with quote
ChrisBeveridge wrote:
biliano wrote:

Did you watch past the first episode of Gungrave? If not, then you're missing one of the best mafia-rise kind of shows out there. The first episode did that crappy kind of hook to give you the character from the video game setting, which takes place around episode 19 or so. The series after episode one goes back and tells a proper story from the beginning and is a great mafia style piece. The same kind of reaction happened when it aired in Japan as well. Got a lot of bad press cause of the first episode but those who stuck it out couldn't stop raving about it.

Yes, I watch past the first episode, and no, I STILL didn't like it.
ChrisBeveridge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Ah, good. Most people tend to give up on the first episode and there's a lot of series with bad first episodes (L/R comes to mind like that as well). I can't get enough of Gungrave and was surprised at how much my wife got into it as well.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:50 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
Yes, I watch past the first episode, and no, I STILL didn't like it.

Same. The mafia parts were quite good, but anything going anywhere near the spoiler[Necro-rise] or spoiler[Orcman/Superior] or spoiler[Beyond the Grave] nonsense was garbage to its fullest. Complete destruction of all that mafia-story character development if you ask me, especially as it concerns the (previously interesting) villains.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:59 pm Reply with quote
The interesting thing here is that in Cox Cable's digital cable program guide, Read or Die is listed as "Other Sports" at both 11P-1AM and 2A-4AM (Central Time)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:26 am Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
The interesting thing here is that in Cox Cable's digital cable program guide, Read or Die is listed as "Other Sports" at both 11P-1AM and 2A-4AM (Central Time)

The cable box guide for Time Warner had it as "Children-Special."

Neutral
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2