• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Newtype general question.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erzane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:58 am Reply with quote
I'd like to know if every Newtype from '85 to '99 do have a special supplement, or a poster.
Maybe is it a website where these Newtype are listed with their contents? Thanks!
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:10 pm Reply with quote
As someone who's collected Newtype since the June '89 issue, I can tell you that they did come with at least one supplement, sometimes more in each issue. I am not aware of any websites that list what the contents of each issue contains, though.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I wish I had been an anime fan when Newtype USA started up. It would have been fun to collect all the issues. By the time I got into the anime fan game in January 2009, Newtype had already ceased publishing.
erzane

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:17 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
As someone who's collected Newtype since the June '89 issue, I can tell you that they did come with at least one supplement, sometimes more in each issue. I am not aware of any websites that list what the contents of each issue contains, though.

That's very interesting. Could you list your collection with its content? Do you have the complete content of each of your Newtypes?
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately, I don't currently have access to most of my old collection to be able to list the issues with their content. I do know that some of my earlier issues don't have all the supplements to them, however.
erzane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Okay. Thanks for the info.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1