• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dance in the Vampire Bund Manga to End in Japan

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote
I've seen the series awhile ago and thought was alright, wasn't anything too special. Now that the manga is coming to an end..might give that a try as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:51 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I've seen the series awhile ago and thought was alright, wasn't anything too special. Now that the manga is coming to an end..might give that a try as well.
The manga was a little different, and the general consensus I've seen on the internet is that it's a lot better than the anime was. I agreed with that consensus. I doubt it will happen, but I'd like a proper adaptation of the manga in anime form some day.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote
never understood why Nozomu Tamaki told Shaft not to follow the manga when making the anime
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:02 pm Reply with quote
The manga is absolutely fantastic, and I am glad I bought it. I had a feeling the story was nearing its end at the end of volume 12. I sure hope it's a really cool ending.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote
hmm I might actually have to pick up the manga now since I can usually Marathon/speed read 20 volumes in 2 days.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Not a huge fan of the manga, actually. Especially after they introduced Akira's supposedly spoiler[ "adorable" little brother.] And I wasn't crazy over that dude spoiler[who looked like a chick], either.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Not a huge fan of the manga, actually. Especially after they introduced Akira's supposedly spoiler[ "adorable" little brother.] And I wasn't crazy over that dude spoiler[who looked like a chick], either.

All the more reason for me to read the manga... thanks for the heads up blood-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
The recent storyline is one of it's best. The manga is a whole lotta fun as was the anime, but the manga has it beat by a mile.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote
As one of the only female fans of Vampire Bund, I have to say I am excited to see what the ending will have in store for us. :3
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
As one of the only female fans of Vampire Bund, I have to say I am excited to see what the ending will have in store for us. :3

I'm sure your not the only one out there
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Well damn, I guess all good things must come to an end, but it's still disappointing to hear a series I like is ending. I'm glad Seven Seas brought it to us though, and look forward to seeing what the ending has in store.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually crying as I write this. "Dance in the Vampire Bund" is one of my favorite manga series ever created, hands down. I have a statue of Mina Tepes at my bedside, and I own every volume, plus the Limited Edition of the anime. I've been following since the end of my freshman year in high school, and college is going to significantly worse without this masterful series to look forward to every other month or so. I need to go dry my eyes now, crap...
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Any fans of Vampire Bund read Young Miss Holmes? There was a sort of cross-over story in there featuring the main girl from Vampire Bund. I enjoyed her character in it, but is it a decent representation of the actual series?
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
mewpudding101 wrote:

I'm sure your not the only one out there

I'm another female fan of the series, just for the record.

It's a shame it's ending, but all good things must come to an end. I'll just hope for a good ending and looking forward to what comes next.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:
Any fans of Vampire Bund read Young Miss Holmes? There was a sort of cross-over story in there featuring the main girl from Vampire Bund. I enjoyed her character in it, but is it a decent representation of the actual series?
I bought Young Miss Holmes, and adored it. As far as the characters' personalities put on display, yes, it's accurate. But the manga itself is very bloody and very sexual. Don't let that deter you, though, it's bloody brilliant!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2