• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Ristorante Paradiso on Wednesday

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:17 pm Reply with quote
This definitely pleases me. I was looking forward to Ristorante Paradiso this season.... I can't wait to check it out. I didn't realize it was the same director as Saikano and Glass Fleet. That's a plus but there is no guarantee. I hope it doesn't disappoint.
Ligene

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I'll finally be using Crunchyroll then.
The_X_box_360

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Soon, Crunchyroll is going to be simulcasting Japan itself, at the rate they're going.

Seems the Japanese anime industry has fallen in love with Crunchyroll. I'm looking forward to watching yet another new series at CR. This one looks very interesting.
garfield15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:02 pm Reply with quote
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHAT?

Ristorante Paradiso is being put on CR too? Well this is completely out of freakin' nowhere! Jeez, just get every anime coming out this spring on the site why don't you? (No, seriously, get every anime coming out this spring on the site. I bought your subscription for this stuff)

This is so out of nowhere. I guess this will be a trend. Putting stuff on the site at the last minute to screw with everybody's minds. I truly hope that soon CR is able to put more and more anime on the site. (Oh don't worry DVD's. I haven't abandoned you....maybe....)
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Hmm I might give this a watch then.
MetatronM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:40 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The anime premieres in Japan on Wednesday in a one-hour special, although the second episode is streamng on Crunchyroll on the same day only for the website's Anime Membership subscribers.

FAIL
Labbes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:14 am Reply with quote
MetatronM wrote:
Quote:
The anime premieres in Japan on Wednesday in a one-hour special, although the second episode is streamng on Crunchyroll on the same day only for the website's Anime Membership subscribers.

FAIL

Why? It's the same for every show on CR. Also, that way, we will have one episode every week, not one week without one.
Zirdante

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:49 am Reply with quote
Thats nothing, what really FAILS is that us Europeans cant watch it :<

Gogo HorribleSubs, let em rip! [pun intended]
marek1712

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:05 am Reply with quote
Zirdante wrote:
Thats nothing, what really FAILS is that us Europeans can't watch it :<

Not only us, but the other part of the world too. CR = FAIL.
Labbes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:20 am Reply with quote
You know, the simulcasts are available for everyone, but hey, let's all just spout nonsense and bash CR without knowing what we're talking about.
Just try it, guys.
Zirdante

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:34 am Reply with quote
Quite many shows are US only, they should make everything region free, or shut the site from people outside of US all together
Labbes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Zirdante wrote:
Quite many shows are US only, they should make everything region free, or shut the site from people outside of US all together

I am quite grateful I can watch Saki, Shangri-la and Gintama for free and legally. Of course I don't like the fact that 90% is blocked, but 10% is way better than nothing.
The_X_box_360

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Please direct your misgivings over regional blocks towards either the publishers of those particular series or the Japanese anime industry as a whole, because Crunchyroll.com has nothing to do with the region blocks except for the fact that they've managed to get dozens of regional blocks lifted. Smile

Or you could just continue to bash one of the "extremely" rare entities that's working hard to support a struggling Japanese Anime industry as they also try to provide us foreigners with the quickest and largest legal selection of the newest Japanese anime in history; bashing them for no other reason than that you either don't know what you're talking about or just don't care to see Anime creators finally be financially supported by the non-Japanese online Anime sub-culture. Cool

-Just be sure to remember your actions the next time you find yourself disappointed that a great new anime you liked won't be getting a second season, or angered that the plans to make an Anime for an awesome manga you love have been cancelled, or puzzled that your favorite studio's latest season of series are all done in low-budget second-rate animation quality, or etc... etc...
-Just be sure when you're looking for someone to blame for your little world of anime crumbling down around you, all you need to do to find them is.... grab a hold of a mirror. Wink
-Either that, or maybe the most pessimistic of you can just go and beg horriblestupids (or whatever they're called) to start animating the cancelled series/projects when they get axed due to the "horribly" "stupid" actions of people like themselves. -_-

I, for one, am really excited that Crunchyroll has decided to simulcast this new series, Ristorante Paradiso, and I urge anyone who have any questions or doubts about this series or Crunchyroll.com's service to just go there and take advantage of the free simulcast and make up their own mind.
Additionally, you could also take advantage of Crunchyroll's 2-week free membership to come to your own conclusions about the level of service for their highest quality streams, 480p and 720p, as well as the Anime Member only simulcasts.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:56 pm Reply with quote
The mentality of "I LIKED DIS SHOW I WANT MORE PLOX" is definitely not more western. A show does well, producers make more of it because it's tiring to make up new ideas for shows. This is why sitcoms go on forever until they're canceled, they never end on their own accord, they're just canceled. Anime can completely finish the story they're trying to tell in 12-26 episodes. The the notion of not getting a second season because of greed is a stupid point to use in an argument. Besides, sequels usually suck unless it's a continuation of an adaptation. We have to remember that most of the stuff made, aside from GONZO, are made with the Japanese people in mind first, the overseas consumers barely account for thought because they're the after-market. They probably just realize they can get some quick revenue by doing this, but they're still not making and concessions for us.

As I've stated before, a lot of anime fans are also tech nerds or at least have some semblance of knowledge of computing/encoding/sound/video, etc. So that's why we won't switch to CR, because we've seen the streams first-hand, they'll terrible (for us.) Maybe for younger people who grew up on Naruto it's fine because they have no taste or ability to discern quality, but for people me like, I prefer what fansubs can still offer.
babbo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Zirdante wrote:
You realize that they don't "make" things region free right? they have to buy the distribution rights. Like xbox said, blame the rights holders if you want to blame anyone <.<
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2