• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AIKa Zero OVA Series Confirmed to Launch on August 25

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:53 am Reply with quote
Heh, whatever brings in the dough, I guess. If I was an AIKa fan, I'd be ecstatic that this is launching on my birthday.
Oronae

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:51 am Reply with quote
I really wish they'd give us a sequel instead of another prequel.
The crossdressing guy who joins the cast in the second part was one of the best things about the original series. I want to see more of him someday.
icepick314

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:41 am Reply with quote
i thought it was fun series...

can't wait to see more of AIKa series...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:00 am Reply with quote
It is a fun series. And at least they don't make any pretenses of what it's about. Wink
bleuster

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:06 am Reply with quote
AIKa R-16 was pretty fun, if a little shallow, but I'm looking forward to this seeing this.
It's probably a good idea they keep this a OVA series for now. Good in small doses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:18 am Reply with quote
Oronae wrote:
The crossdressing guy who joins the cast in the second part was one of the best things about the original series. I want to see more of him someday.

I'd like to have a sequel too, and see more of the crossdressing guy, and the secret agent girl too--I liked how she was a secret agent who gave out business cards. But any new AIKA is great news. R-16 is my favorite relatively recent anime.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quote
AIKa is fun and all, but the first was better than the second. So I hope this is more like the first one though.

Neither of them are as good as Najica though. If you could get past and/or numb yourself of all the panties in that one, the story was pretty solid. I thought.

Where's the sequel to that?

Oronae wrote:

Agreed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:01 am Reply with quote
So another prequel huh?

Well, after R-16 there still was never much explained. Now I managed to sit through the first half of the series yet I never completely finished. But from what I saw I really wanted to find out more to the story. R-16 comes along (and while I never seen any more of that series) it just seemed like they weren't trying. Now if this installment makes up for it then I'm there. Plus, I wouldn't mind seeing a new series too. As long as they keep the art the same.

Go panties! Laughing Rolling Eyes
Nemo_N

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:19 am Reply with quote
It'll be fun if they keep trying to tie the story up with Stratos 4.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:50 am Reply with quote
Quote:
the return of the legendary low-angle, sexy action [anime] in an all-new OVA series!!

If all else fails, those low-angle shots will at least keep the audience interested, judging by preliminary assumptions of this work's content.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jsyxx

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:54 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
AIKa is fun and all, but the first was better than the second. So I hope this is more like the first one though.

Neither of them are as good as Najica though. If you could get past and/or numb yourself of all the panties in that one, the story was pretty solid. I thought.

Where's the sequel to that?

Oronae wrote:

Agreed.

I think Aika is a lot better than Najica. Aika is like the Lupin III of the fanservice genre, that OVA was incredibly well animated, designed, action and pace wise, and tons of fun. Najica not so much. Najica I think just borrowed the amnesia, fatalism, and open ending elements of Noir to add a slightly more serious twist to it. I don't really think that makes it "better." I still like Najica though, but definitely not as much as Aika.
sukisho

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I too wish they'd make a sequel rather than another prequel (which in this case is a sequel but to the previous prequel Anime hyper). I wanna see the adult Aika again, she was just so much more than the teenager.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm interested but will this get picked up by Bandai and given an R1 release like R-16 got? I hope it will be longer, as heavy fanservice series go, Aika's got a surpringly interesting world to explore and a rather large amount of back story.

What I really wish they'd do is reanimate and lengthen the orignal Aika. While the first series has held up fairly well, I've always wanted to get more about those characters, especially the bad guys. Plus I think the original story could actually benefit from more episodes so the fanservice to plot ratio can be evened out a little.
loplop

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Agent Aika was the first anime series I saw complete, and still one of my favorites. I'm very happy to hear about this . . . .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1