• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Zeta DVD problems.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Ok, episode 19 Cinderella Four, won't play on my player at school. Has anyone encountered this problem? I guess with ten discs, it's was only a matter of probability, but that would be rediculous if it was like that on every set. I feel sorry for the store whos going to have to give me a new one, since this set was so expensive. Or could I go through Bandai directly?

edit: a delete option would be nice for double posts
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:11 am Reply with quote
Yes, I mentioned this on another thread. This episode from the point where Four leaves for the city, until the eyecatch will not play on some Sony players due to "disc is dirty" error message. It plays fine on my Pioneer as well as my JVC players. The End of Eva DVD also will not play on this player. This is one of the reasons, along with poor CD performance, I will not recommend Sony DVD players.
treatment

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:15 am Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
Ok, episode 19 Cinderella Four, won't play on my player at school. Has anyone encountered this problem? I guess with ten discs, it's was only a matter of probability, but that would be rediculous if it was like that on every set. I feel sorry for the store whos going to have to give me a new one, since this set was so expensive. Or could I go through Bandai directly?

edit: a delete option would be nice for double posts

It's a glitch. Not just on Sony-players, but other standalone-brands and dvd-rom players,. Check the thread at AOD-forum: http://forums.animeondvd.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=781870&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

You better email Bandai-Ent Support ASAP to get on their list for a possible upcoming disc-replacement.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:40 am Reply with quote
Well, it worked on my Pioneer 5 disc player. Ah, good old reliable Pioneer. However, I might just send for the disc anyways in case my Pioneer dies some day.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I didn't notice any problems with mine, so KOSS seems to be a good brand as well. My previous DVD player used to do that all the time though, it was a Shinsonic...or something like that, and those discs play fine on my current one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1