• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Stan Lee, Frederik Schodt, Priest Helmer Interviewed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:34 am Reply with quote
Toriyama was "involved" on the movie version of DB, too. Rolling Eyes But I guess if it helps expand Tokyopop's brand, that's all that matters.
Onizuka666

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:02 am Reply with quote
This Priest movie is the best thing that can happen to Tokyopop now, especially with the anime/manga market being the way it is.

In the long run, it will put them back on a good financial footing overall. Don't forget, once the film has run in theatres, it will still have the long tail of DVD sales to bleed off.

And with TP losing a lot of manga licenses they once had, this one will put manwha on the map, also showing that good comic product can come from anywhere, alongside showing that with the right books picked for adaption something can happen.

I'm still holding out for Bebop and Battle Angel, too.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:24 am Reply with quote
Well, at least they're letting Hyung in on the loop.
So rather than making a movie with a story from the manga, they're now going to make the MANGA into the storyline of the movie?... Arrow
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1