• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hayao Miyazaki with Disney-Pixar

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Finally made it, huh? I saw the lines on Youtube. Laughing Maybe it was good that I missed it after all, assuming I can make the L.A. appearance...So how come no one asked Lasseter about upcoming Ghibli dvd release dates-especially for Only Yesterday? Anyway, I'm glad you can call him "san", since I remember one of the titles the AOD people said would be more appropriate for him would be "sensei". And that always made me feel a bit guilty, since I opted for the former for the Spirited Away thing.

Quote:
Miyazaki's simple response was “Women are strong and beautiful.”

Makes me think that Oshii put-down they mentioned on Nausicaa.net had some merit. So is ANN going to upload this shit for streaming? Or are you worried Di$ney will sue?

Lookin' @ the pics, he seems a bit over-dressed for the weather. I think he's only used to Cali climate from the fall. Laughing
Spiked Vash

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quote
You know, he could be the poster boy for Japan KFC after seeing the photos. I don't know why I just notice it now. But that wouldn't fit many of his environmentally-conscious movies.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Makes me think that Oshii put-down they mentioned on Nausicaa.net had some merit.

Please share?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1