• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz's Shonen Jump Adds Bakuman, Toriko Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyjin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm sooooo excited for Bakuman! Very Happy It's a great series, but I wasn't sure if Viz would consider it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Wait wait wait... A story about a writer and an artist that team up? ...auto-biography?? 0_o
skafreak51

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
wow, I wanted to read Toriko really badly... but I didn't think we'd be getting it this fast.

Hopefully they sell it once every 3 months so it won't overlap the japanese releases.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
This looks interesting. Never heard of this title but I want to keep my eye on this one.
Anime World Order

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Toriko is perhaps the single greatest Shonen Jump title currently running. It's about running around and using your bare hands to tear the heads off of giant beasts that are 600 feet tall and have a billion teeth. Then eating them. And having the food be so delicious you shed MANLY TEARS. I wish nothing more than for it to become a massive smash hit runaway success here in the US. Which, given my track record for predictions based on my personal tastes, means it probably won't. Sad Prove me wrong, people! That way I will never have to mutter to myself "ONE man[ga]! ALONE. BETRAYED by the fandom it loves, NOW their last hope in its hour of need to keep the classic shonen spirit alive in the misleadingly-titled Shonen Jump" as I'm ordering it online.

Last edited by Anime World Order on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
IzanaginoOkami

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quote
the entry alone of Toriko makes me want to read it
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Yes those Bakuman scans are awesome.
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Take note: Viz is going to run over Del Rey if DR doesn't step it up in a few. Bakuman is definitely buy worthy, but we'll see how Toriko works out.
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote
I was waiting for Viz to license Bakuman. It was sooner than I expected,too Very Happy
Kiyomaro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Kyjin wrote:
I'm sooooo excited for Bakuman! Very Happy It's a great series, but I wasn't sure if Viz would consider it.

The licensing of Bakuman wasn't so much an if, but more of a when.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Bakuman's eventual license was a lock, given the folks involved. Looking forward to checking it out once released.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Hooray for Bakuman getting an American release! I really like this series and I'm sure Viz will do a good job releasing it. More power to Viz, keep getting awesome titles and I'll buy them all.
Symmetrical_Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Bakuman is a fun little series, so that's good... But does anyone else want to know why Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro isn't here yet?

Really, now that Kuroshitsuji has been licensed, Neuro (from Viz) and Liar Game (preferably from Del Rey) are the only two manga that I really want to see an English release for. At least, those are the only two that immediately come to mind.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Nice. I've heard great things about both.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Symmetrical_Magician wrote:
Bakuman is a fun little series, so that's good... But does anyone else want to know why Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro isn't here yet?

Really, now that Kuroshitsuji has been licensed, Neuro (from Viz) and Liar Game (preferably from Del Rey) are the only two manga that I really want to see an English release for. At least, those are the only two that immediately come to mind.

My sentiments exactly, while I am ecsatatic about Bakuman's release, I would love to see the titles you have listed (alongside Embalming -the Another Tale of Frankenstein-, Shiki, and 7 Seeds, and Tokyo Crazy Paradise) to be licensed. Also, out of curiousity, why have To-LOVE-ru and MxO not been licensed? Question
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2