• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Anime on Cell Phones

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erufu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:44 am Reply with quote
Hmm... so, I take it these are like previews? That sounds cool as long as it doesn't cost anything, but I'm sure it does.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:46 am Reply with quote
"CellToons will be available to Sprint PCS Vision customers on channel 18 for $4.95 a month."

As for it being previews, it would appear not according to the press release. "CellToons features one- to three-minute animated shorts from some of the world's most brilliant and innovative animators and writers"
cubivore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:18 pm Reply with quote
don't these phones only display about 1-3 frames/sec. that's crap. who wants to pay for a couple of minutes of maybe 10 frames total of a title that maybe runs a full 23 minutes? great idea ADV!
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:54 pm Reply with quote
cubivore wrote:
don't these phones only display about 1-3 frames/sec. that's crap. who wants to pay for a couple of minutes of maybe 10 frames total of a title that maybe runs a full 23 minutes? great idea ADV!
I have no idea on the frame rate on most phones but still the screen on most phones is so damn small.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:43 pm Reply with quote
cubivore wrote:

Remember that ADV is only one of the content providers. This is not specifically an ADV project. They just signed on for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1